SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Chicago - I want to crew!!

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  paulk 
#1 ·
Hi there - if you sail out of Chicago, I'd like to help crew. I'm ASA certified for Basic Keelboat and Basic Coastal Cruising, and just want to get out. I'm looking at this coming Wednesday late afternoon/evening (I know, beggars-choosers, but that's when I'm available). Whether you need crew or not, if you're going out and don't mind someone showing up with beer and snacks, I'm your guy!

Or, if this timeframe doesn't work for you, what would you suggest I do for Wednesday?

You may text me at Eight 16-225-0079. My name's Mark.

Thanks!

Mark

#3 ·
One of the most successful ways to get out sailing on other people's boats (OPB's) is to walk the docks of your local marinas and yacht clubs, offering to help folks clean up their boats, fold sails, etc. after a sail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.