SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Providence to Ft Myers

10K views 61 replies 16 participants last post by  travlin-easy 
#1 ·
I'm not really sure where to put this, but I thought that Cruising & Liveaboard is close...

I am planning for next fall's trip from Providence to Fort Myers. I am planning that the trip will take six two-hundred-and-fifty-mile weeks (50 miles per day, 5 days per week), and I will need crew.

The likely scenario is that I will only be able to get individual crew members to join me for a week, or maybe two at a time. The admiral will not be joining me. I will, therefore, need to stop along the way at cities with some form of public transportation.

So my question to the forum is; do these sound like appropriate stops along the way?
  • Week 1: Providence, RI to Cape May, NJ.
  • Week 2: Cape May, NJ to Norfolk, VA
  • Week 3: Norfolk, VA to New River Inlet (near Jacksonville), NC
  • Week 4: New River Inlet, (out from Cape Fear for 68 miles to Winyah Bay) to Charlestown, SC
  • Week 5: Charlestown, SC to Jacksonville, FL
  • Week 6: Jacksonville, FL to Fort Myers, FL via the Okechobee Waterway - my mast is 47'2" so I should be able to transit.

Feedback and suggestions welcome.

See less See more
#4 ·
I have also covered part of this route already in my travels from Annapolis to NYC. As Rob says, next fall is a long time off but I am a possibility for leg 1 or 2 or ?.
Always nice to extend one's cruising boundaries.
You should check with DavidPM for leg 1. He is in Madison, CT also an ASA instructor.

#5 ·
I made the trip from Bristol RI to Jacksonville a few years ago and broke up the trip almost exactly the way you plan. I had limited time off and made the trip as quickly as was safe.

Due to the time constraints, navigation limitations and/or limited options for stopping places I made several overnight hops. I'll list my trip details day by day below.

I am planning for next fall's trip from Providence to Fort Myers. I am planning that the trip will take six two-hundred-and-fifty-mile weeks (50 miles per day, 5 days per week), and I will need crew.

50 miles per day is a good target for days that you anchor or dock at night and day sail to the next stop. We did manage a couple of days to make a little more if we left very early and didn't anchor until sunset. Our best day trip was 75 miles

The likely scenario is that I will only be able to get individual crew members to join me for a week, or maybe two at a time. The admiral will not be joining me. I will, therefore, need to stop along the way at cities with some form of public transportation.

So my question to the forum is; do these sound like appropriate stops along the way?
  • Week 1: Providence, RI to Cape May, NJ.
    - Bristol to Old Saybrook.
    - Old Saybrook to south end of LI Sound (a very long day as we had the tide against us most of the trip)
    - LI to Chesapeake Bay. We did this as a non stop, overnight as the options to stop on the Jersey shore were limited, weather was good and we needed to make some time.
  • Week 2: Cape May, NJ to Norfolk, VA
    - DE overnight outside to Norfolk.
  • Week 3: Norfolk, VA to New River Inlet (near Jacksonville), NC
    We daysailed the ICW from Norfolk. Lots of places to anchor overnight along the way.
  • Week 4: New River Inlet, (out from Cape Fear for 68 miles to Winyah Bay) to Charlestown, SC
    We stayed in the ICW until Little River just across the line in SC. Then went outside from there to Charleston
  • Week 5: Charlestown, SC to Jacksonville, FL
    Also went outside for this bit. Still trying to save time but also going through GA there were a lot of shallow spots that we would have to pass only on a rising tide.
  • Week 6: Jacksonville, FL to Fort Myers, FL via the Okechobee Waterway - my mast is 47'2" so I should be able to transit.

Feedback and suggestions welcome.

#7 ·
That was EXACTLY the kind of feedback I am looking for! Thank you!:2 boat:

Anyone else been down the ICW, or offshore???:captain:

#10 ·
An average of 50 miles a day is quite reasonable, but you will likely lose a few days to weather and repairs, which always seem to be inevitable.

You will love Fort Myers, it's a nice town, the river is easy to navigate and the sailing in the nearby Gulf is incredible.

Good luck,

Gary :cool:
Thanks Gary,

I already love Ft. Myers. I've been coming here since 1985, and have been teaching sailing, part time, for the last 3 years on Ft Myers Beach and on Captiva. Sailing on the boats that I teach on is not like sailing my own.

Yup, my plan for five (not seven) 50 mile days (not 70 mile days) was conceived with weather and repairs in mind. The last stretch, Jacksonville to Ft Myers, presents the option of going across the state, or around via Miami, Key West and Dry Tortugas if the crew and I are up to it.

#9 ·
When you say " next fall" my advice would be to try to leave no later than mid Sept. Others may disagree, certainly you could get lucky with weather later; or, you might have to find a place to hide should a hurricane threaten the coast, by leaving that early.

If you wait to leave deeper in to the fall, the days get shorter, the nights get colder. It gets harder to do 50 mile days in daylight. There are always weather delays, repair delays etc. I saw a lot of boats stuck in the Atlantic Highlands for a week or more waiting out bad weather this fall. (Oct.) Those that left earlier fared much better.

#11 ·
When you say " next fall" my advice would be to try to leave no later than mid Sept. Others may disagree, certainly you could get lucky with weather later; or, you might have to find a place to hide should a hurricane threaten the coast, by leaving that early.

If you wait to leave deeper in to the fall, the days get shorter, the nights get colder. It gets harder to do 50 mile days in daylight. There are always weather delays, repair delays etc. I saw a lot of boats stuck in the Atlantic Highlands for a week or more waiting out bad weather this fall. (Oct.) Those that left earlier fared much better.
My plan is to leave just before, or during, the Newport Boat Show.

Thanks!

#14 ·
I did a similar trip except for your last week last year - From Plymouth, RI. I started in November (I had recently bought the boat and needed to get it ready as well as move out of my place in Boston). It's a nice trip with lots of places to stop. There were only 2 places that I thought had limited bailout options (taking the ICW). The New Jersey stretch from Sandy Hook to Atlantic City, and then From Cape May up the Delaware River. Both can be easy with favorable weather and timing the tides (particularly for Delaware Bay), but in unfavorable conditions can be a slog.

I took the ICW the entire way down, but hopped out a few times on the return trip. I also took a bit longer as I stopped in the Chesapeake Bay area to visit family for Thanksgiving and Xmas, but otherwise the total time was similar. I singlehanded - with crew it would be nicer still.

I mostly used Active Captain and the Waterway guide to find Anchorages and Marinas.

#16 ·
I would make the Dry Tortugas run, but only if you have an excellent weather window. Lots of open water areas to contend with, but the trip provides you with the ability to see some wonderful places that very few individuals ever take time to visit.

Marathon is always fun, particularly at the City Marina's Tiki Hut on Friday nights when a lot of the sailors from Boot Key Harbor and other locations get together for a jam session. Lots of good musicians and singers on those boats and they love to party. It's a BYOB event that usually begins about 6 p.m. and lasts till 10. Lots of great restaurants and sights to see there as well - just be sure to take a bicycle, which is the best means of transportation. If you don't bike, the Island Taxi Company will take you anywhere on the island for $5, at least that was the fee 3 years ago.

Key West is always a hoot, especially if you spend a day walking Duval Street and at least one evening with the Lands End folks at Mallory Square.

While at Key West, you do not have to find a mooring ball and spend those fees. There are still some good anchorages in the area, and dinghy docks at some of the seaside restaurants. If you want a quiet location to anchor for the night, though, you will find Mule Key Basin pretty much deserted, but well protected by the surrounding flats.

If your boat draws less than 4 feet, you can sail through the Lakes Passage, which averages about 6 feet in depth, to Boca Grande Key and a great anchorage where you can easily catch supper with nothing more than a small strip of red rag attached to a size 1 wide gap hook and jigged close to the bottom in depths of 15 feet. Lots of big grunts, lane snapper, small grouper and other edibles there. Also one of the best lobster catching locations I've encountered in this part of the world.

It's just 5 more miles to the west to reach the Marquesses Keys, which is the only atol in the continental US. It measures about 5 miles across, but too shallow in the middle to navigate. However, there is a good anchorage inside the atol along the south side.

From the Marquesses to the Dry Torgtugas is about 50 miles, while can either be a great ride, or a bad one, depending on the weather. Fortunately, you can hole up at either Boca Grande Basin or the Marquesses until you get a favorable weather window.

Once you get to the Dry Tortugas you will love what you see. There is a lot of history here to explore at Fort Jefferson, and some of the best diving/snorkeling in the US. The water is incredibly clear, and because you are in the middle of a marine sanctuary, the population of fish is beyond your wildest dreams.

It's 75 miles back to Key West, where you can resume your voyage back to Fort Myers. Lots of stops along the way, including Fisherman's Village Marina at Punta Gorda, which is a live aboard marina where some friends of mine live. They have a nightly dock party at sunset, which sometimes involves music by some of the live aboards. Another BYOB party. Great restaurant at the marina as well.

Have a safe trip,

#17 ·
I would make the Dry Tortugas run, but only if you have an excellent weather window...
[snip]
Thank you for the pointers Gary! From your description I may not bother going to Ft Myers!:pirateraft:
(my wife, however, will not be pleased...)

Here's the boat;

:eek:KIDDING!!!!!:smile

This is the boat;

Air draft of 47' 4" to the top of the mast, + 3' for the stainless steel VHF antenna
draws 5' 8" of water
M25 with unknown hours - runs well
RayMarine EV100 Wheel Pilot and eS78 Chart Plotter with Navionics charts
Vesper Marine XB-8000 AIS Transponder
iCom M412 VHF with registered MMSI
200AH house bank, 75AH start bank, 90Amp alternator
LED cabin, navigation and running lights
2 Camframo 3 speed fans
Vacuflush head with 15 gallon holding tank
50 gallon water and 30 gallon fuel tank
NO refrigeration
NO Radar
NO inverter

#18 ·
If you're gonna do the Tortugas, you're gonna need more house batteries, a solar panel to keep them charged, a refrigerator (gotta keep the beer cold) so you can have ice when you wish. There are no provisions of any kind at the Tortugas, no food, water, beer, ice, fuel, etc...-- nothing! But damned it sure is pretty out there.

One of our members got stuck out there for two weeks because the weather was nasty, but he and his kids had lots of provisions so they did fine. However, when they got to Key West again they spent a bundle on re-provisioning. (Nothing is cheap in Key West.)

If you have the opportunity, fire up Google Earth and look at the trip from a satellite view and you'll be amazed at how desolate that 75 mile stretch of islands and water is between Key West and the Tortugas.

Good luck,

#51 ·
#19 ·
uh, I actually prefer a warm beer (Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout, Full Sail IPA, etc)... but I take your point.

#22 ·
:confused:

I already have a Class-B AIS Transceiver, integrated with the MFD at the helm. Why would I add a receiver only?

#26 ·
I 1000% agree with you Gary. I always find it fun, when teaching sailing on the Hunter 41 with an air draft of 57' to pass under the Sakonett River Bridge which has an air draft of 65'

I would probably have to break out the bottle of scotch to get my nerve up before, and to come down after, passing under that bridge.

#57 ·
There were a couple of requests in this thread like the one quoted above. This thread in SailNet is not the place to make them, but I did reply to a couple of PM requests about joining me. I have since chosen to use the Go Sailing App to help organize requests. You can sign up for Go Sailing here: gosailingapp.com

Thanks to all that have posted in, or read, this thread.

#28 · (Edited)
Thanks to those that have offered to join me. This is a long way off, and I realize that things may come up. I will contact you if you PM me and as the date draws nearer.
:smile

The purpose of this thread, however, was to plan my stops along the way. So I've done some more figuring with Google and PolarView NS.

Here is the current plan that I have hatched:
  • Providence, RI. to Cape May, NJ. (280nm) - stops include: Pt Judith, RI., Norwalk, CT., Sandy Hook, NJ., Atlantic City, NJ., and Cape May, NJ.
  • Cape May, NJ. to Norfolk, VA. OUTSIDE** (160nm) - stops include: Ocean City, MD., Great Machipongo Inlet, MD., and Norfolk, VA.
  • Norfolk, VA. to Wilmington, NC. (260nm)- stops include: Elizabeth City, NC., Cherry Ridge, NC., Bellhaven, NC., Oriental, NC., Beaufort, NC., and Wilmington, NC.
  • Wilmington, NC. to Savannah, GA. (235nm) - stops include; Winyah Bay, NC., Charlestown, SC., and Savannah, GA.
  • Savannah, GA to New Smyrna Beach, FL (175nm)- stops include: Brunswick, GA., St Augustine, FL., and New Smyrna Beach, FL.
  • New Smyrna Beach, Fl. to Fort Myers Beach, FL. (290nm)- stops include: Cape Canaveral, FL., Stuart, FL., Port Mayaca, FL., Moor Haven, FL., Owanita, FL., ending in Fort Myers Beach, FL.

All of these runs include running OUTSIDE, because it will be easier on the crew and the engine than motoring in the ditch.

** The Cape May to Norfolk is the shortest leg, because I need to allow time if weather does not permit an outside run to go up the Delaware, across the C&D canal, and down the Chesapeake.

Again, comments or critique are welcome.

#29 · (Edited)
Skip Great Machapongo Inlet - I can tell you first hand it is nasty and can be very, very tricky in a powerboat with a great HP to weight ratio. In a sailboat, it's slack tide only and even then it gets real hair once you get inside. The inlet is relatively long, narrow, the tide screams through it and the standing waves can top several feet.

Wachapreague and Chincoteague are pretty hairy inlets as well. Of the two, Chincoteague is the easiest to access, fairly wide and deep, but once inside, the anchorages are few and far between. Chincoteague Bay consists mainly of shallow flats with a narrow, winding channel and a few, small, deep pockets.

Wachapreague Inlet is nothing more than a slot in the surf, much like Oregon Inlet, NC. The approaches seem to change annually, and shoaling is a constant problem here.

Instead, go just a bit farther south to Ship Shoal Inlet, which is wide deep and easy to access. Good anchorages inside, but keep a good eye on your depth finder and charts. It can get real shallow real fast. Also a great location to catch some very large flounder, many running 5 or more pounds. And, this is the northernmost range of tarpon, which are the world's most incredible gamefish species. You'll also find an abundance of weakfish, speckled sea trout, and several smaller species lurking along the channel edges of the back bay.

From here to Norfolk is just a one day run.

Good luck,

#31 ·

Instead, go just a bit farther south to Ship Shoal Inlet, which is wide deep and easy to access. Good anchorages inside, but keep a good eye on your depth finder and charts. It can get real shallow real fast. Also a great location to catch some very large flounder, many running 5 or more pounds. And, this is the northernmost range of tarpon, which are the world's most incredible gamefish species. You'll also find an abundance of weakfish, speckled sea trout, and several smaller species lurking along the channel edges of the back bay.

From here to Norfolk is just a one day run.

Good luck,

Thanks AGAIN Gary.

But, do you mean SAND Shoal Inlet? Per the charts, it's about 5nm south of Machapongo Inlet, on the south side of Hog Island. That would make the first night's run from Cape May 70nm instead of 65 - which is definitely do-able.

#30 ·
Another data point: Our 55.7 nm S-N transit (many years ago) from Elizabeth City to Willoughby Harbor Marina took 13.5 hrs, with the motor off for about an hour waiting for the locks at either end of the Dismal Swamp Canal. You'll need to plan your timing around the locks at either end of the Dismal Swamp Canal if you expect to make it to Elizabeth City in one day from Norfolk. As I recall the locks operate on a very restrictive, fixed schedule--presumably to control water depth in the canal.

BTW, you may be aware that the Dismal Swamp Canal is closed for repairs due to damage from Hurricane Matthew. Last I heard the work is expected take several months, so you should be well in the clear by next Fall, but something to check on if you don't want to take the Coinjock route south.

#32 ·
Another data point: Our 55.7 nm S-N transit (many years ago) from Elizabeth City to Willoughby Harbor Marina took 13.5 hrs, with the motor off for about an hour waiting for the locks at either end of the Dismal Swamp Canal. You'll need to plan your timing around the locks at either end of the Dismal Swamp Canal if you expect to make it to Elizabeth City in one day from Norfolk. As I recall the locks operate on a very restrictive, fixed schedule--presumably to control water depth in the canal.
This is GREAT information. Looking at the charts, and the zigs and zags that the rivers take it is hard to accurately calculate a distance, and the time necessary to traverse it. This is 20nm LONGER than I thought. This helps a LOT!

BTW, you may be aware that the Dismal Swamp Canal is closed for repairs due to damage from Hurricane Matthew. Last I heard the work is expected take several months, so you should be well in the clear by next Fall, but something to check on if you don't want to take the Coinjock route south.
I HOPE that the ACOE has this fixed by fall... but then again... :ship-captain:

#33 ·
I hope this is constructive critique :)

Pt Jude to Norwalk is one hell of a long day and impossible to not fight the current part of the way. I think you are being over optimistic on that 100 mile leg.

Norwalk to Sandy Hook is more like 60 miles, but you will make good time with the current through the east river. You still need a flood that starts between 4am and noon. You need to give yourself plenty of time to get through the east river. If something goes wrong, this is a big deal.

Add a stop (or two) between Pt Jude and try to get to City Island (closer to the East River)

Sandy Hook to AC is another very long day. You have 12 hours of daylight in mid Sept. It's a 90 mile day. There are inlets, but you are probably aware that they can be treacherous in any kind of weather.

I've done the trip from Annapolis to Block following a similar schedule and it was not a stop and smell the roses, 50 nm/day drip. Nothing wrong with your timing but Pt Jude to AC are three sunup to sundown traveling days IF you can catch the currents. That means up before dawn to be ready to roll before daybreak, hoping to make landfall by dark.

If you have never done the C&D/Chesapeake, it's worth taking some extra time to enjoy the sights.

Here are my .02 cents worth.
Pt Jude to Saybrook 50 miles
Saybrook to Milford 40 miles (you could add a stop in Mystic and break it down even more but not necessary I do have a mooring that you can use, located by the town dock in Noank)
Milford to City Island 50 miles
City Island to Sandy Hook 30ish miles but you might have to wait for the current.
Then you can make that long trek to AC. If you have to wait out the weather you can find a spot in a marina and enjoy NYC.

It's such a nice trip that it's a shame to rush :) So many pubs and restaurants...

#34 ·
I hope this is constructive critique :)
This is exactly what I am looking for! :svoilier:
Pt Jude to Norwalk is one hell of a long day and impossible to not fight the current part of the way. I think you are being over optimistic on that 100 mile leg.

Norwalk to Sandy Hook is more like 60 miles, but you will make good time with the current through the east river. You still need a flood that starts between 4am and noon. You need to give yourself plenty of time to get through the east river. If something goes wrong, this is a big deal.

Add a stop (or two) between Pt Jude and try to get to City Island (closer to the East River)
I've done a delivery from Mamoroneck to Pt Judith in a day (110 nm), a very full day - but I was motivated. Norwalk is only 88 nm. East Haven, and the Thimble Islands would be a perfect mid point. Is there anywhere to stop near here? (Branford or Short Beach Cove?)

Sandy Hook to AC is another very long day. You have 12 hours of daylight in mid Sept. It's a 90 mile day. There are inlets, but you are probably aware that they can be treacherous in any kind of weather.

I've done the trip from Annapolis to Block following a similar schedule and it was not a stop and smell the roses, 50 nm/day drip. Nothing wrong with your timing but Pt Jude to AC are three sunup to sundown traveling days IF you can catch the currents. That means up before dawn to be ready to roll before daybreak, hoping to make landfall by dark.

If you have never done the C&D/Chesapeake, it's worth taking some extra time to enjoy the sights.

Here are my .02 cents worth.
Pt Jude to Saybrook 50 miles
Saybrook to Milford 40 miles (you could add a stop in Mystic and break it down even more but not necessary I do have a mooring that you can use, located by the town dock in Noank)
Milford to City Island 50 miles
City Island to Sandy Hook 30ish miles but you might have to wait for the current.
Then you can make that long trek to AC. If you have to wait out the weather you can find a spot in a marina and enjoy NYC.

It's such a nice trip that it's a shame to rush :) So many pubs and restaurants...
Great suggestions! Thanks!!

#35 ·
Thanks Rob for reminding me about the tides and currents - especially through Hell's Gate.

Assuming that I were to leave on 9/9/2017, I would be passing down the East River on 9/11.
According to NOAA, at Port Morris (where the East River currents get interesting); low tide is forecast to be 0.08 feet at around 09:11, and high tide (when I would want to be there) is forecast for 7.76 feet at 15:19. This should give me a slack or favorable current as I continue down the East River. Assuming that we are underway by 08:30, and that we can average 6kts; that means that I would want to start from a point about 40nm away. The best spots to start this day, therefore, would be near Bridgeport or Milford, CT. This would get me to the Battery (preferred) by 16:30, or to Sandy Hook by 18:30.

Any suggestions/recommendations?

#37 ·
Thanks Rob for reminding me about the tides and currents - especially through Hell's Gate.

Assuming that I were to leave on 9/9/2017, I would be passing down the East River on 9/11.
According to NOAA, at Port Morris (where the East River currents get interesting); low tide is forecast to be 0.08 feet at around 09:11, and high tide (when I would want to be there) is forecast for 7.76 feet at 15:19. This should give me a slack or favorable current as I continue down the East River. Assuming that we are underway by 08:30, and that we can average 6kts; that means that I would want to start from a point about 40nm away. The best spots to start this day, therefore, would be near Bridgeport or Milford, CT. This would get me to the Battery (preferred) by 16:30, or to Sandy Hook by 18:30.

Any suggestions/recommendations?
Buy Eldridge's.

One can predict current using tidal charts in Narragansett Bay. One cannot use tide charts to predict current anyplace between the approaches to Watch Hill or the race all the way to Sandy Hook. You must use Eldridge's Current tables (or something similar). Tide and Current ARE NOT created equal in these here parts, the difference between high/low tide and slack current can be a couple of hours, or not.

The Race, Long Island Sound, New York Current Predictions

If you are not constrained by draft do not even look at a tide table for navigation. Plan your days around Eldridge's.

#36 ·
Yes, I meant to say Sand Shoal Inlet, not Ship Shoal.

Also, Ocean City, Maryland Inlet can be real difficult on an ebb tide and opposing wind. Pretty hefty standing wave and very strong current at the ocean side of the inlet. Real easy to get caught in the current and broach. Gotta hit it at full power in order to maintain steerage.

All the best,

#39 ·
I've been doing this for 5+ years now every spring and fall.

Heres some observations and suggestions for the second half.

From Norfolk, its a bit shorter to run the Virginia cut vs Dismal Swamp tho the Dismal is more scenic. Figure 4 days via dismal and mayne 3 days to get to Beaufort NC. We anchor off the CG station just inside the inlet and leave near slack. It is about 34 hours to Charleston at around 6 knots. Or, its about 12 hours to the Masonboro inlet at Wrightsville. Then a day down to Southport. You can run 25 miles to Little River inlet and motor to N Myrtle Beach inside. Then continue on inside or go back out at little river or down at Winya bay. We always wait for good weather and make one hop to Charleston.

From Charleston its about 24 hours to Fernandina Beach, a very good inlet. You can anchor there or hopefully the city marina will be repaired by next fall. You could run to St Johns river but Jax is a very long way inland. Be aware there is a lot of current in that river and surrounding ICW channels.
I would not plan on entering St Augustine. It can be tricky and it has no jetty and a dogleg in the deep water. To ke, that's a local knowledge inlet, especially if the surf is up.

We just ran from Fernandina to Stuart in a 34 hour chunk outside around Canaveral. We entered at Ft Pierce, a good inlet. The St Lucie inlet is shoaled to 7' in the middle and with a bit of sea, thats not safe.

Enjoy the trip.

#42 ·
From Norfolk, its a bit shorter to run the Virginia cut vs Dismal Swamp tho the Dismal is more scenic. Figure 4 days via dismal and mayne 3 days to get to Beaufort NC.
There are two advantages to taking the Dismal Swamp route, other than scenery. Number one is the hospitality at Elizabeth City, with its free dockage and the wine & cheese party (with roses for the ladies) for transiting mariners. Number two is the opportunity to calibrated your log, as there are mile markers along the canal and NO CURRENT to screw things up (since there are locks at both ends.)

#43 ·
I have Navionics as well. It does work but when planning a week or so in advance, it's so much easier to look at the current charts in Eldridge's. Getting through the Race or Watch Hill and then figuring out where to pull into a few hrs later, or how far up a channel you can get before the current turns with those old fashioned charts is a big help.

I'm of the school that thinks that good old Eldridge's is a little bit more accurate than other sources. That's just my personal opinion after sailing Block, Fishers and Long Island Sounds for all theses years. YMMV

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.