SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

exploring islands

6K views 50 replies 14 participants last post by  tdw 
#1 ·
hey all, im planning on going on an overnighter with some friends to a nearby island. im wondering, after anchroing near the island, how can i reach the island itself?

#29 ·
What shiny teeth you have T34C...

#33 ·
T34C said:
NO, No, no, I just try to sell them a bunch of expensive stuff they need but wish they didn't.
I thought it was the other way around,

"I sell them stuff they really don't need but wish they did."

#39 ·
dogsailors said:
paddle over on a surf board
Do bull terriers like to surf??

#41 ·
Touché.... point for the bird...
goose327 said:
Dumb question SD, of course they do, theyr'e genius', and their Daddy's an instructor.

#42 ·
Wombat launcher

I'm mostly a lurker here, but as I get off the floor from laughter, I can't help but wonder why Giulietta has yet post the picture of the Wombat launcher?

On second thought perhaps we don't want to see that!:D

#43 ·
Mike- Be careful what you wish for, and be grateful that Giu is currently travelling and might not see your post.

#44 · (Edited)
Well if you are going sailing, there will obviously be beer involved. And if there are more than two people, we're talking at least 80 to 100 beer, so the solution is quite simple.

Buy cans instead of bottles, and leave the cans attached to each other with those plastic collars they come in. Buy some duct tape. Set out on your trip and drink at a standard pace. Make sure you have chili for lunch, and don't throw the empty beer cans at the powerboaters as you would normally do. Keep them on board.

When you arrive at your anchorage, use the duct tape to seal the tops of the cans, and then duct tape the cans together to form a raft. Because of your forethought in not separating the cans from each other, you will only have to tape 1/6th as much.

When the raft is assembled launch it over the side. Then select the most powerfully flatulent member of the crew (this is why you had the chili) and place them in the water holding on to the stern of the raft, facing the bow. This person will function as your engine (think airjet). If necessary, suggests he shoves a cork in it until it's time to depart, as you don't want to waste all that raw energy.

Next, select two members of the crew who fart at a fairly similar velocity, but with less force than the fool hanging off the stern. These will function as your steering oars (unless they are real party girls in which case they might better be termed steering whores).

Finally, climb on board yourself, being careful to strap any and all remaining beer to your back (you'll need fuel to get back to the boat) and tell buddy on the arse end to let the cork fly. Maintain your curse - or course rather - through judicius emissions from either port or starboard whore - sorry oar, as required.

Enjoy !

#45 ·
MtnMike said:
I'm mostly a lurker here, but as I get off the floor from laughter, I can't help but wonder why Giulietta has yet post the picture of the Wombat launcher?

On second thought perhaps we don't want to see that!:D
In one of the other threads there is a chat about not wanting to see a bears crotch. A Wombat launcher may well fall into the same category. :)

#47 ·
xort said:
TDW
Was PITA contacted about this?
Damn I am slow. Missed this post, my apologies if my failure to respond was interpreted as rudeness when in fact it is merely ditheriness.

However, I'm presuming PITA is an animal welfare group or perhaps merely anuses anonymous. Certainly Blinky ended up with a monumental PITA.

#48 ·
TDW-

PITA- Pain in the A&&
PETA- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, has beautiful women posing nude to protest fur and such...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.