Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Damn...I'm off...NO DRUGS.....sorry, not on my boat...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Giu,

I know exactly what upwind is. It smells like diesel fumes (much like racing for me). I know what downwind is, it smells like barbeque fumes and Marley drifting on the breeze. it is often accompanied by the irritating triming of those white rope-things that hold those flapping sheet-looking things on my mast.

However, in both circumstances, I do move forward. You do it with hair flying and rail meat screaming. I do it with a margarita and just enough luff to keep the legos from rolling around down below. In the end, we both get there, right?? Just a little differently (SMILE!!!).

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 03-22-2007

sailhog has a spectacular aura about sailhog has a spectacular aura about
It's only cocaine. It's not like we'll be drinking on your boat. And the prostitutes are very nice and all bathe regularly.
Sailhog
Old 03-22-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad
Giu,

I know exactly what upwind is. It smells like diesel fumes (much like racing for me). I know what downwind is, it smells like barbeque fumes and Marley drifting on the breeze. it is often accompanied by the irritating triming of those white rope-things that hold those flapping sheet-looking things on my mast.

EHEHEHE that was funny...

You do it with hair flying and rail meat screaming.

Actually you would be surprised how stable my boat is....in 25kts all cloth out I don't need rail people, at all...remember the torpedo???
I really enjoyed the flapping thing on the mast...that was funny
Old 03-22-2007
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
Ermmmmm sailhog? Whatcha gonna do on the second day?

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

- Website & Blog

Old 03-22-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Pamlico,

I agree, that is a good, no great, school. I too lean towards believing her as being sincere. However, the reality of what she is talking about is not. I thought I was nice, wasn't I??

- CD

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 03-22-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Giu,

Anything to amuse you, my friend.

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 03-22-2007
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
Boys, boys, play nice if you're going to play at all.

There are folks who regularly PAY for the privilege of joining educational and research projects and expeditions every year, sometimes $1000 a week plus their own travel and expenses, in order to help do research. They've got the time and the money and they want to do something a little different, and they get a tax deduction and a chance to get some field experience too.

So, I don't see it as unreasonable that Scripps would be looking for someone, perhaps a nice couple in their early retirement or on sabbatical who might even have a nice little trawler and might be willing to say "Sure, we'll donate the boat to you for a month, wet or dry."

She didn't ask for anyone to pick up the whole thing--just the use of the boat. So as I read it, Scripps would be picking up the fuel and everything else, they are just looking for the loan of a boat, preferably crewed by an owner or two.

Not unreasonable at all, considering that there are folks who have the ability and the will to do this. Even if ours is not the most likely place to find them.

Heck, when I was 19 I would have gladly spent summer vacation "working" for free for Cousteau. If I was retired and had the trawler...sure, I would think about lending it to Scripps for a month. Why not?!
Old 03-22-2007

sailhog has a spectacular aura about sailhog has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBzeer
Ermmmmm sailhog? Whatcha gonna do on the second day?
PB,
You're always thinking ahead! You just earned yourself a spot on the expedition... Welcome aboard!
SH
Old 03-22-2007
2kt wind=trolling speed

goose327 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad
Giu,

However, in both circumstances, I do move forward. You do it with hair flying and rail meat screaming. I do it with a margarita and just enough luff to keep the legos from rolling around down below. In the end, we both get there, right?? Just a little differently (SMILE!!!).
Hey, are you makin' fun of me????

Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?