Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2007

poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about
Hellosailor; I'm sure it's just me, but when I hear or read ecosystems and human coexisitence with such in the same sentence, then mix in a little economic impact on said ecosystem, it's just a habit with me to check the moisture content of the gun powder.

I'm as eco friendly as the next person, but I'm real leary of enviro orgs, research groups or workshops that use terms like sustainable development strategies in their quest for their enviromental enlightenment, as those strategies always end in the loss of usability.

A good example of this restriction in usability is what's going on in the coastal waters of California, they established a marine reserve which morphed into many reserves and now they are talking about connecting these reserves up and down the coast; this is all fine and dandy, however, livelyhoods depend on these areas and in some cases coastal tribes depend on these areas for their own sustainability and yet their once territorial waters are now " No take Zones ", so much for ecosystem and Human coexsistence.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
In all honesty, I would guess Mariah is probably persuing the best method to solicit support - although maybe the wrong way. She would do well explaining and introducing herself her and more about what they are doing. Many cruisers here, SSCA, and CF. More in-depth effort and dialogue and she might have a outside chance.

THoughts?

- CD

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 03-22-2007

soul searcher is on a distinguished road
I got a brand new 65' boat she can use for a price. put the boat on the sea wise transport and lets go. I could stick a couple more fuel tanks in her.

All boats are sinking it's just a matter of how fast.
Old 03-22-2007
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
I think she is who she says she is and is just trying to find a way to "pay" for what she wants to do without incurring costs she can't afford.
I'm not gonna support it and I think it is kind of crass making your first post to a community a "pitch"...but hey, it's a free country.
Who knows...some eco-cruiser may be out there.
Old 03-22-2007
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue
I believe it was that famous bauhaus architect - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe.
He did but Gustave Flaubert got there a few years earlier.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett
Old 03-22-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
It is a rather crass way of joining the sailnet community... I'm sure that she could get a grant of some sort to do what she wants to do. She really just needs to do some research and put some effort into it.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 03-22-2007

tigerregis has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Flow Beer? Why didn't you say so, here I was waiting for the reefer.
Old 03-22-2007
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad
In all honesty, I would guess Mariah is probably persuing the best method to solicit support - although maybe the wrong way. She would do well explaining and introducing herself her and more about what they are doing. Many cruisers here, SSCA, and CF. More in-depth effort and dialogue and she might have a outside chance.

THoughts?

- CD
You have it in one CD. I've yet to check out her website but I'll do so in a while, however the request comes across as typically spammish.

Now on the other hand if I had the boat I'd jump right in there. Nice tax deduction, definitely a BHL kind of thing to do and a scientific research vessel gets to go lots of interesting places. My choice of vessel would be Peter Blakes Seamaster. Now where's that rich uncle who's on his last legs.......

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett

Last edited by tdw; 03-23-2007 at 04:20 AM.
Old 03-22-2007
Here .. Pull this

Sailormann will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Scripps would be picking up the fuel and everything else, they are just looking for the loan of a boat, preferably crewed by an owner or two.
...well if they are going to pay for the beer and the hookers... I could leave from Lake Ontario this weekend, so I should be there sometime in early October...does anyone know what time the Panama Canal closes ???
Old 03-23-2007
Hitchin' a ride

bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough
Aw man! I missed a good thread! And to think, all I did today was surf and work on the boat I need to get back inside on the computer more often.
Hey sailormann, stop by on the way, lets race! I'll get hookers if you get the beer.

Vaya con Dios

Last edited by bestfriend; 03-23-2007 at 12:48 AM.