SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Cruising & Liveaboard Forum (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/cruising-liveaboard-forum/)
-   -   Off We Go (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/cruising-liveaboard-forum/31522-off-we-go.html)

PBzeer 04-18-2007 07:36 AM

Off We Go

Well, the day is almost here. Tomorrow morning, we'll cast off the docklines and head to Galveston, where we'll overnight, then out to the Gulf Friday morning. We'll then head south to the Corpus Christi area (an overnight run) as a shakedown for boat and crew, then, if all goes well, head south southeast on Saturday.

Depending on the wind, we'll try to make a heading towards The Dry Tortugas or Key West. Key West though, will definitely be a port of call. From there, is indefinite at this point, depending on how long it takes to cross, and how long the crew will need to get back to Houston to catch their flight.

Should be an interesting little trip and a chance to find out what Aria is made of, and how well I put things together.

Freesail99 04-18-2007 08:08 AM

John,

Have a safe trip, keep an eye on the weather and I hope to see you down there soon.

I am so jealous, Fair Winds,

Paul

sailingdog 04-18-2007 09:19 AM

John-

Fairwinds and have a safe trip. Keep us posted on your whereabouts...

Jotun 04-18-2007 09:22 AM

Good luck and be sure to share your adventure.

Giulietta 04-18-2007 09:38 AM

PB....you OLD STUBORN FART....drive carefully...may the Gods of steady winds and small seas be with you...

Take care...and comeback to SN once you arrive..

second thoughts...arrive well but don't come back here:D :D :D :D

God luck and safe trip

G

TrueBlue 04-18-2007 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PBzeer
". . . Should be an interesting little trip and a chance to find out what Aria is made of, and how well I put things together."

Recalling the reasons you stated for aborting the last attempt - let's all hope the skipper is well put together this time.

I wish you a safe, but adventurous voyage PB. Stay in touch.

PBzeer 04-18-2007 10:06 AM

Thanks all for the well wishes, and yes TB, the skipper is better prepared this time, plus I have crew, one of which has offshore experience. Will post to my blog here, and on my website Music on the Wind when we get across. And as an added bonus, the other crew member is an avid photog, so should have some good pics.

ReverendMike 04-18-2007 10:17 AM

Excellent!

John

Very cool! Be well, have fun and definitely post some pics and let us know how it goes.

Mike

sailortjk1 04-18-2007 10:39 AM

Fair Winds to you our Sailnet Friend.
We all go with you in the Spirit of the Sea.
May Poseidon grant you safe passage and
May The Great Notus (God of the South Winds)
be your everpresent companion.

Faster 04-18-2007 10:45 AM

All the best on your adventures, John. Hope things go better than before.
Cheers