Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2007
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
I understand that. Merely commenting that they don't seemed overly vigilant about it. And I certainly wouldn't recommend that anyone not report in. It does though, seem like one of those things where only the law-abiding are impacted and made to go out of their way, and at their own expense, to comply.

Currently at 36 03 21 N 76 36 37 W

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website & Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-27-2007
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
PB...you really think those fishing boats in the inlets you're coming into are just fishermen?? (G)
Old 06-28-2007

arbarnhart is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbarnhart
A tangent; what if you "leave" but don't go to another country before you come "back" into the US? For example, cutting the corner across the Gulf of Mexico to get from Pensacola to St Pete in a straight line? I know fishing boats often go out about 40 miles or more here (NC) to get to the stream, but they come back the same day to the same place.

EDIT - No, I am not about to do this and become one of those blue water rescues. I am just curious for future reference.
Anyone with an answer? I really just want to know.
Old 06-28-2007
can't re member

yotphix is on a distinguished road
I was about to tell you that when you go into international waters and return you are required to report back in. Then I remembered something that happened about two years ago.
I was crew on a foreign flagged yacht with three foriegn crew. We took the boat offshore to transfer ownership and even photographed the GPS to prove that we were not in US waters. We had three lawyers on board. When we came back we went straight to our slip without ever checking back in. In retrospect this seems wrong.
In another case I did a race last winter from SanDiego, down around the Rosarito Beach Bouy in Mexico and back. The customs guys did a bulk pre check in with all of the skippers the day before. Again we had several foriegn crew, and not an issue but the precheck was required or we sould have had to clear in after leaving US waters.
So...I'm not 100% sure what the rules are. I Canada, you definitely have to check in if you leave Canadian waters. I'm pretty sure US has the same rules.
Old 06-28-2007

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Last weekend I went into the canadian san juans, came back to Roche Harbor on the NW corner of San Juan Island in Wa st. Their is a customs slip at the marina, with a bldg at the end one of the folks on the boat goes to check everyone in at. In Canada, similar, but their was a phone to use at the bldg. Called in, answered questions, got a ID number, taped to window as they asked....simple. When we got back, I just needed that number, along with pasports, easier than BC and photo ID etc, within 30 min We were checked in! I would assume as simple in other islands up there, along with ports in the area.

Florida sounds a bit weird if you have to go by car somewhere!

Marty
Old 06-28-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
But, we all wanted to watch you do it...it'd give us something interesting to watch on TV and to talk about while you were out there.
Quote:
A tangent; what if you "leave" but don't go to another country before you come "back" into the US? For example, cutting the corner across the Gulf of Mexico to get from Pensacola to St Pete in a straight line? I know fishing boats often go out about 40 miles or more here (NC) to get to the stream, but they come back the same day to the same place.

EDIT - No, I am not about to do this and become one of those blue water rescues. I am just curious for future reference.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 06-28-2007

arbarnhart is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog
But, we all wanted to watch you do it...it'd give us something interesting to watch on TV and to talk about while you were out there.
All right; you talked me into it. Wish me luck!

Old 06-28-2007

TXS-ALAMO is on a distinguished road
A friend's boat just returned from a three week trip to Mexico. On his return, he did't go to the Galveston Yacht Club to check in with customs, but proceeded directly to our marina. The next day a friendly female customs officer drove to the marina and spent most of her time BSing with my friend. No problems, no hassels, just friendly competent work.
Old 06-28-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
ROFLMAO BTW, I don't see a sextant or a GPS on that thing...
Quote:
All right; you talked me into it. Wish me luck!

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

Old 06-28-2007
Telstar 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXS-ALAMO
A friend's boat just returned from a three week trip to Mexico. On his return, he did't go to the Galveston Yacht Club to check in with customs, but proceeded directly to our marina. The next day a friendly female customs officer drove to the marina and spent most of her time BSing with my friend. No problems, no hassels, just friendly competent work.
But was the customs officer cute???

Telstar 28
New England