Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
may I kindly remind you all that this is....

SAILNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is FANATISM.....not religion.....
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-26-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoralReefer
12 pages of crap. No such thing as a Christian only hypocritical sheep. Show me 1 just 1 person who has no prejudice, loves everyone on this planet, who would give everything he or she owned to someone who needed it more, who would die for another human and not take another life, who would loose it all to refuse to fight or go to war, who has not harmed a single creature on this planet, or who has always abided by the golden rule. Every person who has ever gone to war and taken life did not turn the other cheek, did not listen to what God said but instead put their government ahead of God. To all of you I say ********, your a hypocrite and whatever religion you belive in is crap.
I think Mahatma Ghandi and Mother Teresa both fit this description pretty well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 06-26-2007

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
Missionary?
"I just have one question? " You're just SO SURE THE UNIVERSE WORKS YOUR WAY. Well, most of the world thinks you and your god are wrong, false, mislead, or even the Devil Incarnate under another name. Take the smug self-rigtheousness and the preaching and the prosletyzing, and peddle it where someone else appreciates it.
Personally, I get awfully pissed off by your kind trying to tell me that MY GODS are wrong and YOURS MUST BE RIGHT. That's a god way to start a fight. Lead by example, not by trying to cram your philosophy down other throats.
Have your God give me a written explanation and apology for the Crusades (first million victims were Christians along the route to Jerusalem), the Inquisitions (plural), the forced conversions at swordpoint, the massacres of the south american peoples, and then I'll let him make a direct appointment to speak to me.
Till then, the only use I have for a missionary is to have him cubed and cooked in the big cannibal stewpot. Um Um, missionary stew! Glad that there's SOME good purpose for you people.
Old 06-26-2007

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Goodnewsboy
."...how is it that so many charities, hospitals and the original homeless shelters still have distinctively Christian names?"

Gee, maybe because alleged Christians, or people pretending to be Christians, forgot that real charity is often and best done ANONYMOUSLY for the sake of doing it, and not for the sake of bragging about having done it?

And who was it, the Shriners? WIth those wonderful burn hospitals? That got into a mixup with the IRS a couple of years ago because the local chapters were doing everything in cash and without keeping proper records, and there were suspicions of extreme amounts of money getting lost along the way?

Gods are big boys, they can speak for themselves. Don't need any PR flacks to lead the way and stick their names on buildings for them.
Old 06-26-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor
Till then, the only use I have for a missionary is to have him cubed and cooked in the big cannibal stewpot. Um Um, missionary stew! Glad that there's SOME good purpose for you people.
Funny story on NPR the other day regarding translating the Bible into some other languages, where the word for sheep doesn't exist. The word often used in its place was pig... and in most of those cultures, cannibalism was not too long ago a common practice, and man was referred to as "long pig". Rather fitting, don't you agree???

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 06-26-2007

sd, there are apparently a couple of animals in the various lists (i.e. what's kosher) that are simply transliterations into English. No one knows what the original critters were in some cases. So, sheep, pig...no big deal. Most of that stuff is supposed to be latter-day reforms, designed to force the people to remain wanders rather than allowing them to settle down. (You can't wander around like the Bedouins do when you're trying to drive pigs--they just won't make it.)
Old 06-26-2007

h16Sailor is on a distinguished road
I have hesitated to come to this thread,
i find people in Alabama talk about work, their children or religion and this is the extent of their abilities to converse.
Glad to see i have nothing to fear and you sailor guys and gals have more topics to to discuss

"mind is forerunner of all conditions (good and evil)" Gotman Buddha
Old 06-26-2007

Jolnir is on a distinguished road
Indeed, it is a worthwhile thing to consider the divine in all of us, and since I am a dyed in the wool polytheist I have more fun at dinner parties than most Christians. After all, I don't have the dogged, mundane insistence on one simplistic answer with which to bring dinner conversation to a screeching halt. It's more fun to dine with Hindus (hundreds of gods!), Jews, and animists without the wheedling insistence from Christians and Muslims that theirs is the only way. Yahweh or the Highway? Bless the Gods, with thanks to Odin the All-Father for a sailing world where the Gods are as diverse and widely scattered as my horizons.
Old 06-26-2007
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
After finally slogging through this hash of vitriol, I've come to the conclusion, based on what's been said, that the only evil ever known to the world is white christian males. That's it's pointless to believe in any higher ideal than mankind, and that anyone who does, is naive, stupid or brainwashed.

Guess I may need to raise my level of intolerance and bigotry so that I can properly chastise those who don't agree with me so I can show my pureness of spirit and how my way is better than any other way.

And just in case there is any doubt, the sarcasm is fully intended.

Currently at 36 03 21 N 76 36 37 W
wind_magic likes this.

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

- Website & Blog

Old 06-26-2007
Trim for Sail

uspirate has a spectacular aura about uspirate has a spectacular aura about uspirate has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missionary
going to a national church where you are anchored can be rewarding and a great way to share your faith with others. Having a prayer time and Bible study on your boat with other boaters where you are anchored. Visiting with other Christians in nationals homes. When Christians meet other Christians even when they don't speak the same language it is like meeting family.
Tom
excuse me, i need to get a beer after i barf. nothing against religion Tom, i just dont want to hear about it on my sailing forum! i live in a city of prostitution, gambling and drinking...also known as Sin City. I dont go to church but do not criticize the ones that do. I personally find it more enjoyable to meet fellow cruisers, have a cookout on the beach and drink till you pass out.... but thats just me!

Sin City, Liquor all day, Poker all night...Channel Islands & Diego, So Cal
BJ & Nimfa
S/V Flocerfida

If You dont Stand Behind our troops...Feel Free To STAND IN FRONT OF THEM

Last edited by uspirate; 06-26-2007 at 08:30 PM.