Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2007

SailinJay is on a distinguished road
The Founding Fathers.....didn't they own slaves???
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-26-2007

42ndstreet is on a distinguished road
I agree with you Missionary...Peace Be With You.
Old 06-26-2007
Here .. Pull this

Sailormann will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I've come to the conclusion, based on what's been said, that the only evil ever known to the world is white christian males.
Not true - American beer is pretty much the worst evil. The christians can be good or bad, but it usually seems like the ones who actually walk what they talk are not the ones who attempt to recruit online...

Quote:
That's it's pointless to believe in any higher ideal than mankind
Not pointless if it works for you, but remember that it doesn't work for a lot of other folks, and that they are tired of hearing about it
Quote:
and that anyone who does, is naive, stupid or brainwashed.
Actually, I think it's more a case of fatigue or lack of reasoning ability arising from a lack of a balanced diet in the primary years, but that's just my opinion, which I realise a lot of people don't hold, hence I don't go on to the christian websites and ask how many of them suffered from a lack of vitamin supplements as children.

Quote:
Guess I may need to raise my level of intolerance and bigotry so that I can properly chastise those who don't agree with me so I can show my pureness of spirit and how my way is better than any other way.
No - feel free to maintain whatever your current level of them where it is. If intolerance or bigotry and chastising floats your boat - fine - just keep it to yourself and no-one will mind because they don't know. The vitriol is only unleashed when an individiual attempts to convince other folks of something that they know intellectually and spiritually to be untrue.

A rejection of the christian or islamic or jewish doctrine should not be interpreted as a lack of spirituality or idealism, it should just be taken as a rejection of the christian or islamic or jewish doctrine...

Last edited by Sailormann; 06-26-2007 at 11:02 PM.
Old 06-26-2007
Trim for Sail

uspirate has a spectacular aura about uspirate has a spectacular aura about uspirate has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42ndstreet
I agree with you Missionary...Peace Be With You.
yeah, peace be with you but keep your Christianity to yourself!
IMHO organized religion is worse than organized crime... at least they tell you how it is and dont BS you! I didnt start a thread on the best way to shotgun a beer because these people probably dont care, and quite possibly i'm the only on that does.I wasted 3 minutes outta my life that are irreplaceable viewing this crap, L8ter

edit: oh yeah, nice boat. tell us about it. we'll be interested in that subject.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sin City, Liquor all day, Poker all night...Channel Islands & Diego, So Cal
BJ & Nimfa
S/V Flocerfida

If You dont Stand Behind our troops...Feel Free To STAND IN FRONT OF THEM

Last edited by uspirate; 06-26-2007 at 11:28 PM.
Old 06-26-2007
San Juan 26

LittleMissMagic is on a distinguished road
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by h16Sailor
I have hesitated to come to this thread,
i find people in Alabama talk about work, their children or religion and this is the extent of their abilities to converse.
Glad to see i have nothing to fear and you sailor guys and gals have more topics to to discuss

"mind is forerunner of all conditions (good and evil)" Gotman Buddha
Personally I would like to see what you call LA (lower Alabama) annexed into West Florida, Baldwin Co. at least. I get tired of people making generalisations about my living in Alabama. Though most is true. Then again property taxes in Florida are higher so never mind.
Old 06-26-2007
Owner, Green Bay Packers

sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice
A reasonable posting by Missionary immediately hijacked into various diatribes that have nothing to do with the OP. Generally, it is considered good manners to offer nothing, when you have nothing to offer. Interesting that those of an atheistic bent felt compelled to jump to their own defense in the face of no attack.

I associate with many persons of deep faith, the topic of religion rarely comes up. The atheists I know, apparently including those here, immediately go off the deep end the minute that God or religion is mentioned. There are many routes to faith, or rejection of faith, but long explanations of the unexplainable are not one of them.

Missonary apparently shares his faith with like minded individuals overseas, while practising works that better the overall living conditions in the communities he is visiting. Apparently, if someone is interested, he is willing to share his faith. That seemed to be what he was doing when he asked an innocuous question, no doubt, aimed at like minded thinkers. Perhaps the question should have been posted in "off-topic" but, "gen disc" does pull in a lot of topics that should be elsewhere anyway.

The response of sailnetters was poor manners at best.
Old 06-26-2007
Trim for Sail

uspirate has a spectacular aura about uspirate has a spectacular aura about uspirate has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCGRET1990
Does this qualify as SPAM?
as far as im concerned...Hell yeah it is

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BJ & Nimfa
S/V Flocerfida

Old 06-26-2007
Trim for Sail

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailaway21
Generally, it is considered good manners to offer nothing, when you have nothing to offer.
shoulda told him that

BJ & Nimfa
S/V Flocerfida

Old 06-26-2007
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Sway,
It definitely should have been in off topic. Had nothing to do with sailing. Merely an excuse to launch a religious thread. Deserved everything he/she got. A pox on the lot of them.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Old 06-26-2007

RickLaPaz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissMagic
Personally I would like to see what you call LA (lower Alabama) annexed into West Florida, Baldwin Co. at least. I get tired of people making generalisations about my living in Alabama. Though most is true. Then again property taxes in Florida are higher so never mind.
Yup, yews gots two wachh thems genrl-eye-zashuns sumtymes. 'Cuz use nahvr no wen thayl cumm bak tooo byt yas.........