SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Flicka

8K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  tdw 
#1 ·
Anyone out there currently cruising in a Flicka. It's all the boat I need and would like tips on space utilization and equipment for cruising the Caribbean.

#4 ·
IIRC, there are several Flicka sailors over at this site as well. www.sailfar.net

#6 ·
Now look, don't go getting all snotty with me cos I'm not answering your question but how much are you going to pay for your Flicka ? Working on the presumption that you are going that small because of budget there are other options that would leave you with more left in the kitty to spend on wine women and song.

#7 · (Edited)
I am in the Flicka owners group on Yahoo (go to yahoogroups.com and search for Flicka). That group has plenty of helpful people plus the archives will help.
I have had two of them. Sold one, the other is for sale. Its the one in Miami with enclosed head on yachtworld. But if it does not sell I am taking it down to the leeward islands

#8 ·
I'm going to get a Flicka for many reasons not the least of which is purely aesthetic. Others are I want no more than I will need for myself, seaworthiness and the fact that everything having to do with boats is charged for by the foot. I understand and respect the points JeffH has made in the past on this subject but among other preferences standing headroom in the smallest and best built package is an absolute must with me. Even if that package is not the fastest or most spirited. I'm looking for a boat now and have been for a while. I'll know when I find "The one"

#9 ·
I know what you mean. After I saw the Orion, it didn't matter what you put in front of me, I only needed my Orion. Flicka is an awesome boat, you'll NEVER see a 20' boat like her again......ever. They are all building bigger and bigger now. There will never be another like Flicka.

#12 ·
I heard that! Fluffy, you're treading on thin ice with that last little missive. The Flicka is my dream boat. I leave those other topics to your ministrations. Only you have the sensitivity and compassion to deal with them properly. (g)

#14 ·
You b******! Had to bring that one up didn't you? Go ahead, kick a guy when he's down. Just for your personal satisfaction I'll update to let you know I still have neither a kitchen nor a Flicka. I also have a wife and a dog. I am gratified to report that all is well with the dog. (g)

#17 ·
You Dirty Dog BF . Infamy infamy , the've all got it in for me.

Sway and his Friend Flicka. Such an endearing thought.

If he had a boat, he'd go out on the ocean, Sway upon his pony of a boat. (with apologies to Lyle Lovett)

:p :p :p :p

#20 ·
BF obviously working on second speed today !! :p

OK so Flipper is more nautical perhaps but Flicka was the word. Maybe BF is too young to remember "My Friend Flicka". Either that or too old to remember anything much at all. Or is that me ? Sometimes it's hard to tell. :)

#22 ·
Another good thread gets derailed....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.