Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2007

wanabe is on a distinguished road
Flicka

Anyone out there currently cruising in a Flicka. It's all the boat I need and would like tips on space utilization and equipment for cruising the Caribbean.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-27-2007
Not So Senior Member

Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about
Read the back issues of Flicka Friends Newsletter, tons of good info there.
http://www.flicka20.com/
Old 08-27-2007

msl is on a distinguished road
You may enjoy reading ths link.

http://www.solo-sailor.com/
Old 08-27-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
IIRC, there are several Flicka sailors over at this site as well. www.sailfar.net

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 08-27-2007
Not So Senior Member

Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by msl View Post
You may enjoy reading ths link.

http://www.solo-sailor.com/
Looks like she got the hard part out of the way, selling all the crap.....err "stuff"
Old 08-27-2007
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Now look, don't go getting all snotty with me cos I'm not answering your question but how much are you going to pay for your Flicka ? Working on the presumption that you are going that small because of budget there are other options that would leave you with more left in the kitty to spend on wine women and song.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett
Old 08-28-2007
all these confusing ropes

dohenyboy is on a distinguished road
I am in the Flicka owners group on Yahoo (go to yahoogroups.com and search for Flicka). That group has plenty of helpful people plus the archives will help.
I have had two of them. Sold one, the other is for sale. Its the one in Miami with enclosed head on yachtworld. But if it does not sell I am taking it down to the leeward islands

Last edited by dohenyboy; 08-28-2007 at 12:30 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 08-28-2007

wanabe is on a distinguished road
I'm going to get a Flicka for many reasons not the least of which is purely aesthetic. Others are I want no more than I will need for myself, seaworthiness and the fact that everything having to do with boats is charged for by the foot. I understand and respect the points JeffH has made in the past on this subject but among other preferences standing headroom in the smallest and best built package is an absolute must with me. Even if that package is not the fastest or most spirited. I'm looking for a boat now and have been for a while. I'll know when I find "The one"
Old 08-28-2007
Not So Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanabe View Post
I'm going to get a Flicka for many reasons not the least of which is purely aesthetic. Others are I want no more than I will need for myself, seaworthiness and the fact that everything having to do with boats is charged for by the foot. I understand and respect the points JeffH has made in the past on this subject but among other preferences standing headroom in the smallest and best built package is an absolute must with me. Even if that package is not the fastest or most spirited. I'm looking for a boat now and have been for a while. I'll know when I find "The one"
I know what you mean. After I saw the Orion, it didn't matter what you put in front of me, I only needed my Orion. Flicka is an awesome boat, you'll NEVER see a 20' boat like her again......ever. They are all building bigger and bigger now. There will never be another like Flicka.
Old 08-28-2007
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanabe View Post
Say no more. The Flicka word is somewhat akin to 'global warming', fidel castro, solar stix and who knows what else. Horses for courses and all that.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett