SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Cruising & Liveaboard Forum (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/cruising-liveaboard-forum/)
-   -   Heading South List (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/cruising-liveaboard-forum/37005-heading-south-list.html)

PBzeer 09-20-2007 08:17 PM

Heading South List

Getting to be that time of year, so I thought I'd post this thread as a way for those heading south to be on the lookout for each other. Also would be useful if you want to buddy up with someone, as well as passing on info.

I'll start heading south after the Annapolis Boat Show, with no set schedule, besides staying in front of the colder weather. Hope to see most of you at some point.

camaraderie 09-20-2007 10:16 PM

John...that is a great idea. I am going to make your post a sticky through November so that anyone heading south can hook up with others right here regardless of departure time. Hope you're enjoying Solomons!

PBzeer 09-20-2007 10:50 PM

Thanks cam. Solomons is okay if you're into restaruants. Lots of places to anchor though.

Was just thinking, this would be a good way for people looking to do some crewing as well.

wind_magic 09-20-2007 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PBzeer (Post 195739)
Thanks cam. Solomons is okay if you're into restaruants. Lots of places to anchor though.

Love the dry dock, and they have really good sandwiches over at the grocery store next to the laundry on the main road, down from west marine. :)

Unfortunately that is the extent of my contribution to this thread since I am stuck here for the winter. When it freezes here I'll be sure to think of you snow birds.

wmiii 09-25-2007 10:19 AM

Heading South too!

We'll be leaving East Tennessee heading down the Tenn/Tom Nov 1st (insurance restrictions) going to Bradenton, FL to get a bottom job and spend Thanksgiving with our Daughter, Grandson and Son in law.
We'll then run down to Marathon for the Christmas Holidays before shooting across to the Bahamas early Feb.
We plan on going down to the Exumas and GeorgeTown before heading North through the Abacos on the way back North up the East coast for 2008 Hurricane season.
We'll keep a look-out for others from this board.
See you "out there",
Wm
OPTIMYSTIQUE
IP 37-30

Vasco 09-25-2007 10:34 AM

We cheat a bit now. Got tired of the trip back to Toronto and the cold trip down in the fall so we start from FL now. This year the boat's in Fernandina Beach. Start the middle of November work our way to Miami and then across to Nassau. We're usually in the Miami area before Christmas and head across as soon as there's a window. Keep an eye open for "Breathless", B393.

MarkWood 09-25-2007 10:42 AM

We are heading south this year via the ICW for our first trip to the Bahamas. We will be leaving from our home port on the Chesapeake Bay around 10/15.

This trip has been a long time coming, and to say we are looking forward to it would be a bit of an understatement. Hope to see many of you along the way.

SVAuspicious 09-25-2007 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wind_magic (Post 195753)
Love the dry dock, and they have really good sandwiches over at the grocery store next to the laundry on the main road, down from west marine. :)

That's Woodburns. Excellent sandwiches. Good salad bar also.

captainlouie 09-25-2007 11:33 AM

My wife and I and our two dalmatians will also be heading south. We plan on leaving from Norfolk on October 12th plus or minus a day or so. Our boat is a 27' catalac catamaran named Irie. two hulls and two dalmatians - can't miss us. This will be our first trip south so we'd love to cross the stream with anyone interested. Looking forward to it!

RandyonR3 09-25-2007 11:33 AM

South - from out west

Headed to mexico in late October, early November. Stops in Cabo, and LaPaz for a month before crossing over to Z town and points further south. Hope to make Panama in early march and then its across the pond.
Randy & Ramona on R3