SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

2007 cruising books for Texas to Florida

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
I need some help with finding a good book, or books that will help me through the ICW from galveston to Miami and the USVI. Can anyone suggest some titles that have anchroages, marinas, places to go see or things to do, and perhaps charts?

I'm starting my route planning a little late (only 2 months to go) so any other advice is greatly appreciated too!

Thanks a ton for any help!

#2 ·
I used the Dozier WaterWay Guide from Texas to Florida, and bought the Maptech Chart Kit. If your bridge clearance is over 50', the Ellender Lift Bridge requires a 4 hour notice. Weather permitting, you're better off to go offshore to the Calcesieu River on an overnight hop. Otherwise, you're looking at 3 days to the same point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.