Extended Stay in the Keys - What's Your Preference? - Page 4 - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2007

canvascurious is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailhog View Post
John,
As a young, fit man, you're going to need an automatic weapon to fight off the natives in Key West. I'd suggest that you shoot at their dinks (boats, not their peckers) as they approach. This way you can hack at their fingers with a knife as they try to climb over the rail. If even on manages to get aboard, well... you have two options: either take your own life, or just grit and bear it. Anyway, good night and good luck.
i'm surprised you also didn't suggest the o.p. hang a noose by the yardarm to ward off african americans.

would any other poster have objected to that hate speech or would they have remained just as silent as when you call for hacking at the fingers of gay men?

would the moderators have let such a post stand for so long?

shame on you all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 12-09-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by canvascurious View Post
i'm surprised you also didn't suggest the o.p. hang a noose by the yardarm to ward off african americans.

would any other poster have objected to that hate speech or would they have remained just as silent as when you call for hacking at the fingers of gay men?

shame on you all.
WHO THE HELL ARE YOU???

What the hell are you talking about?? On what right??

You arrive here now, and start downloading your opinions just like that?? On the first post???

First learn about the "natives" here, then say something

To me you're a troll...piss off...beat it...go to the Martha Stewart web site and post there....

You should to read about, open a few threads, see who is who, before coming here whining like that...

Go post something about sailing, then attack....

HO HO HO MERRY CHRISTMAS

HO HO HO

Last edited by Giulietta; 12-09-2007 at 03:23 PM.
Old 12-09-2007
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
canvas - as a new user (I assume), you might well not be aware that the comment you found so distasteful, was meant in jest. PC is not that big around here, but people who post spiteful or hateful messages tend not to last too long. It would do you well to look before you leap, as I find your post far more intolerant than the one you are complaining about.

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website & Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-09-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Canvas-

Also, the post you referring to says NATIVES...which, last I checked refers to both males and females. Also, no one that's been here a while really takes sailhog all that seriously... he's one of the resident jesters... You might want to take a bit more time and get a feel for what is really going on before blowing up for no real reason.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 12-09-2007
wantabe sailing

sailusvi is on a distinguished road
a perfect example of the pussifacation of America....you disgust me

Quote:
Originally Posted by canvascurious View Post

shame on you all.
Old 12-09-2007

Mary51 is on a distinguished road
Offensive posts, and spelling problems

I also found Sailinghog's post offensive. IMHO hatefulness if still hatefulness, even when made part of a joke.

What is pussafication? If it means what I think it means, isn't it mispelled?

Now THAT really bothers me. Spelling is important!

Mary
Old 12-09-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Ummm... Who is Sailinghog??? There is no Sailnet member of that title AFAIK... Now this is rather funny, considering that you're whining about spelling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary51 View Post
I also found Sailinghog's post offensive. IMHO hatefulness if still hatefulness, even when made part of a joke.

What is pussafication? If it means what I think it means, isn't it mispelled?

Now THAT really bothers me. Spelling is important!

Mary

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 12-09-2007
Roadkillibus Texanis

retclt will become famous soon enough retclt will become famous soon enough
This has become touchy territory.

I'm still gonna have to second the sailusvi comment.

Another example of that First Ammendment right being flushed by libs.

Bob T

"I cannot not sail" - E. B. White
Old 12-09-2007

Mary51 is on a distinguished road
spelling correction

Oops, meant sailhog.

Lots of territory is touchy, and I did not post any response/objection to the sailhog's original post. First Amendment rules! But fair is fair, so I will take tongue out of cheek and spell out my point.

Using part of the female anatomy to describe something as bad, as in "the pussafication of America" means that being female is bad. I'm entitled to object to that. Viva the 1st!

Mary
Old 12-09-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Mary, even an idiotic ignorant like me can see that the word PUSSYFICATION does not mean that women are bad....don't go there...

Being called a ***** or a sissy, or a fag or any other word that denegrates the wholiness of a man, i.e. is manhood, is comon among man to describe a less stalion man, a whimp, or a softie, if I may...

Pussification means, in this context, the lack of stamina and male force...therefore, the loss of "virility" of the Country, in this case...

Its stuff like this that causes wars....I once heard a man, a black man, ignorant of the origin of the word negro, saying it was a word invented by white Americans to opress the black people, when in fact the word comes from N'Gher d' Ngher, which means "river of rivers" in the language once spoken by the Peoples of the Niger River, near Upper Volta, now Burkina Faso....in Africa...

True it is, the word took negative proportions in the US, due to the abuse of the same, but in many countries being called a black is offensive to the locals, who insist they are negros, just for your information, by someone that lived in Africa and ran Humanitarian cruzades...

In America, it is true....you guys are becoming pussys....because you allow stuff like this to go on...

Last edited by Giulietta; 12-09-2007 at 07:13 PM.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.