SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Extended Stay in the Keys - What's Your Preference?

8K views 46 replies 22 participants last post by  AlanBrown 
#1 ·
Looking at spending a month at either Marathon or Key West, and wondered which one would be the better choice for taking a mooring ball?

#28 ·
Just My two cents, not being qualified to pipe in . . . . . . but it seems to me there is not enough of a price difference to matter. I would think Key west would keep my interest longer. Not that I'm into drag races but as TB says . . . it is colorful. Not the old Key West I remember.

#33 ·
canvas - as a new user (I assume), you might well not be aware that the comment you found so distasteful, was meant in jest. PC is not that big around here, but people who post spiteful or hateful messages tend not to last too long. It would do you well to look before you leap, as I find your post far more intolerant than the one you are complaining about.

#34 ·
Canvas-

Also, the post you referring to says NATIVES...which, last I checked refers to both males and females. Also, no one that's been here a while really takes sailhog all that seriously... he's one of the resident jesters... You might want to take a bit more time and get a feel for what is really going on before blowing up for no real reason.

#36 ·
Offensive posts, and spelling problems

I also found Sailinghog's post offensive. IMHO hatefulness if still hatefulness, even when made part of a joke.

What is pussafication? If it means what I think it means, isn't it mispelled?

Now THAT really bothers me. Spelling is important!

Mary

#37 ·
Ummm... Who is Sailinghog??? There is no Sailnet member of that title AFAIK... Now this is rather funny, considering that you're whining about spelling...

I also found Sailinghog's post offensive. IMHO hatefulness if still hatefulness, even when made part of a joke.

What is pussafication? If it means what I think it means, isn't it mispelled?

Now THAT really bothers me. Spelling is important!

Mary

#39 ·
spelling correction

Oops, meant sailhog.

Lots of territory is touchy, and I did not post any response/objection to the sailhog's original post. First Amendment rules! But fair is fair, so I will take tongue out of cheek and spell out my point.

Using part of the female anatomy to describe something as bad, as in "the pussafication of America" means that being female is bad. I'm entitled to object to that. Viva the 1st!

Mary

#45 ·
Mary, I am lover of women, 2 of my favorites are my wife of 21 yrs and my 14 yr old daughter.
.......I think Giulietta about covered it. Now back to my warm fire and a shot of Jägermeister :cool:

Oops, meant sailhog.

Lots of territory is touchy, and I did not post any response/objection to the sailhog's original post. First Amendment rules! But fair is fair, so I will take tongue out of cheek and spell out my point.

Using part of the female anatomy to describe something as bad, as in "the pussafication of America" means that being female is bad. I'm entitled to object to that. Viva the 1st!

Mary

#40 · (Edited)
Mary, even an idiotic ignorant like me can see that the word PUSSYFICATION does not mean that women are bad....don't go there...

Being called a ***** or a sissy, or a *** or any other word that denegrates the wholiness of a man, i.e. is manhood, is comon among man to describe a less stalion man, a whimp, or a softie, if I may...

Pussification means, in this context, the lack of stamina and male force...therefore, the loss of "virility" of the Country, in this case...

Its stuff like this that causes wars....I once heard a man, a black man, ignorant of the origin of the word *****, saying it was a word invented by white Americans to opress the black people, when in fact the word comes from N'Gher d' Ngher, which means "river of rivers" in the language once spoken by the Peoples of the Niger River, near Upper Volta, now Burkina Faso....in Africa...

True it is, the word took negative proportions in the US, due to the abuse of the same, but in many countries being called a black is offensive to the locals, who insist they are ******, just for your information, by someone that lived in Africa and ran Humanitarian cruzades...

In America, it is true....you guys are becoming pussys....because you allow stuff like this to go on...

#44 ·
At the risk of dragging this thread back on topic, I like Key West better. The downside to moorings in Key West is that the mooring field is exposed to the north, it gets pretty rough there when the wind's from that direction, Boot Key Harbor's much more protected. I spent some time anchored across from the Coast Guard station between Flemming Key and Key West, good spot except for when the charter fishing boats go out and come back, throwing big wakes. I was there for Acura Race Week last year, that was fun. I think there's more interesting stuff to do in Key West.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.