Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
I think that getting photographic or video proof of what is going on is your best recourse... You need to document what happens very thoroughly, and then once you have video or photographic proof....talk to the authorities and a lawyer... Even if you only catch him doing it once on video or camera, it won't be a big leap for the authorities and your lawyer to figure out all the times you boat has been vandalized were caused by the same person.

Jim is right, that the authorities should be interested...but without video or photographic proof... it is just your word against the owners.

BTW, a person would be better, but you can also get some small webcams that you can setup to trigger on a time lapse or motion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-19-2007

cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough
I'd run with these... maybe lashed to the mast inside of some bag?

http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/j...emType=PRODUCT

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4057191

Some people are like slinkies: not really good for anything... but you can't help laughing when you push them down the stairs
Old 12-19-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
CP—

Those are pretty much perfect for what he needs. and not too expensive.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

Old 12-19-2007
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw fish!
Old 12-19-2007

cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough
You could put sombodys eye out!
(not that its a bad thing really)

Some people are like slinkies: not really good for anything... but you can't help laughing when you push them down the stairs
Old 12-19-2007
560kts sucks/7kts perfect

Sailpilot is on a distinguished road
I've had the police called and sent to his house twice. It's all about word vs. word. Thanks for all the input. The cameras look like it's worth a shot.
Old 12-19-2007
Telstar 28

1/2" ball bearings and that beastie cam posted a photo of are a great combination... What's more fun is firing 1/2" ice cubes out of it... the projectiles melt after impact... One of my friends from college used to make frozen mercury pellets for her slingshot...but that seriously hazardous... Have good range and do a fair amount of damage though.

Telstar 28
New England

Old 12-24-2007
560kts sucks/7kts perfect

Sailpilot is on a distinguished road
Just had the police out again to document the damage. I guess they are actually going to start an investigation. While I took the boat to a dock so that the ppolice could inspect it, the ass cut my mooring lines and float. He was a little pissed when I just parked the boat and used a hook anchor from the dingy to bring up the chain from the bottom and secure my sailboat again. He was inspecting my activity from his balcony while I wished him a Merry Chirstmas. This of course started a swear and curse festival from him. This guy is a Lawyer, don't they have to follow the law as well? It seems that he is risking alot just to get a boat off of "his water"?
Old 12-24-2007
SENIOR CHIEF

USCGRET1990 is on a distinguished road
It's not his water!!!!
Old 12-24-2007
SENIOR CHIEF

USCGRET1990 is on a distinguished road
Get him on film, take it to the Bar...