Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2002

DuaneIsing is on a distinguished road
Meeting friends

Hey, DNG,

From your last 2 posts, it''s obvious there was a lot more to your story than what might have first appeared. I didn''t take your first post the way MaryBeth did, but I''m not seeing things from her perspective.

The horse story was funny - had me going there for a sec.

What was nice about this thread is that it could easily have degenerated into a shouting match, but it didn''t.

Fair winds to all.

Duane
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 05-21-2002

MaryBeth is on a distinguished road
Meeting friends

Oh, DamnNice,

A "cowboy" is a guy who goes about sailing to his own ends. Beating his crew to death or ignoring safety needs, etc. I meant nothing about a horse, it''s a captain''s term. (Though I am also an accomplished horse rider since the age of 7. ). I quite often enjoyed beach rides in Little River, SC, where I used to live, and would often take my crew out for a ride when tensions ran high - if the boat wasn''t ready to go, or there were some paperwork problems, etc., delaying the departure. Was a way of bonding and having fun.

From the last few posts, seems I was too hard on you, poor baby. You should expect to be able to take advantage of a woman who knows nothing of sailing. I have watched too many women, tho, signing up for a class and learning that fending off refers to the instructor. Sorry if I was too hard on you.

You go guy,
Mary
Old 05-29-2006

Surfesq is on a distinguished road
I am with you Mary. Who wants inexperienced crew? It's not easy finding an attractive well rounded woman who actually loves the water. Tom.
Old 06-07-2006

tadd16 is on a distinguished road
i would love to find someone (female) to go sailing with. maybe i could learn from her. but i have no time, i am leaving for florida at the end of the month, so theres no time to look. where would you look anyway?
Old 06-08-2006
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
Singlesailing on Yahoo

There is a Yahoo group for single sailors. It has around 350 members from all across the world. Visit at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/singlessailing/

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website & Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-14-2006

lonebull is on a distinguished road
Joining Seven Seas or any local type of sailing association that meets frequently may help you find a mate with similar interest. At the very least you'll be entertained with all those great cocktail sea stories. Just like anywhere else, you'll meet all kinds. Wish you the best in your search.
Old 06-16-2006

SeaVenture is on a distinguished road
Finding a sailing mate

Some good ideas have been posted, though most of the Seven Seas Cruising folk I've met have been couples. Anyway, let me encourage you single ladies--and gentlemen.

I'm probably older than many of you and the pickin's seemed mightly slim to this lifetime sailor in search of a soulmate. But after meeting many frogs, I finally found my prince. When we met, we owned five sailboats between us. We still own four--three in NC and two in CA. And this fall, we're casting off our dock lines and heading as far around the world as we can get.

If none of the suggestions given here work, you might try what I did. I was VERY specific in the parameters I set forth. (For me, they were tall, Christian, sailor--I'm 5'11", my prince is 6'3". Yea! For you they will probably be different. Just figure out the things you really want and don't bother with folk who don't fit.) Just before I gave up the search (way too many frogs--most of them interested in groping instead of sailing), I tried a specific site and met someone I thought would just be a friend. After all, he was a continent away. Instead, we've now been married almost four years, and I never knew it could be so good.

Blessings to all of you and may you find the one designed just for you. It's incredibly fun when you do.

Normandie

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.