Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2008
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Still...there is even an easier way...with the online chart viewer. Opens any us chart right in your web browser and gives you one click access to any chart.
On-Line Chart Viewer
Old 03-20-2008
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
Thanks Cam

Thanks Cam...I went to bookmark it and was told..."Page already exists in favorites want to overwrite it"...I guess you have to have a brain to remember what the brain has in it...

Thanks for reminding me of that...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-20-2008
Detachable member

wchevron is on a distinguished road
just printed out 3-4 charts i wanted for my area on my plotter. they come out really nice. thanks again.
Old 03-20-2008

Stu01 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the resource. Do you think I could take a file to Kinkos and have it printed there?
Thanks
Stu
Old 03-20-2008
Seńor Member

TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough
There's a firm policy at Kinkos preventing copyright data from being copied. But these are Print-On-Demand charts, so there shouldn't be a problem.

But, I would guess that a full size reproduction would exceed the 20.00 cost of buying the orignial chart as published and printed in DC., especially from Kinkos - which is very overpriced and not water resistant. There are DIY printers there, but the largest format I believe is 11 x 17, not big enough for nav purposes.
Old 03-20-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
If you know anyone with an Epson 4000 series printer, you can print the charts 20x24 or so. There are larger format printers, but they're usually industrial. I've got access, through my cousin, to an Epson that does 60" wide prints... but that'd be overkill.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 03-23-2008
vagrant

bobwebster is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KODAD View Post
I can't seem to open any chart---all I get is a little square in on the upper left hand side of the screen with a red X in it --- I downloaded 'Photomud' but still no results-- any help would be appreciated
First, press F5 to reload the page completely.

Maybe your browser doesn't support .png? If that's the case, you can right-click on the link, select "Save Target As..." or "Save Link As...", then open the file from your hard drive.

Let me know if that doesn't work.

Last edited by bobwebster; 03-23-2008 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-23-2008
never convicted

KODAD is on a distinguished road
Thanks Bob---That worked!!

100T Master NC
Old 03-26-2008

bruceyp is on a distinguished road
I have successfully down loaded a chart to my pc and I can open it using the MS picture manager. But I can't print it. I get a message saying that there is not enough memory. I can't download any software (work PC), so I can't go that way. Is there any way to break up the Chart into printable sized pieces using Adobe or something like that?
BP
Old 03-26-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Bruce-

Copy the images to a thumbdrive and then get them to a computer that has Irfanview on it. Should be able to print it into bite-sized chunks with Irfanview IIRC.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.