Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2008
Belliure 41'

JT1019 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JT1019
Newport, RI to Deep River, CT on 4/19

Over the winter I got myself a new toy, a big new toy. I have just been informed by the yard manager at New England Boat Works that I must have the boat out of the marina this weekend. Long story short I’m going to be sailing her back to Deep River CT on Saturday. I was wondering if anyone has any advice or if anyone wants to join me. The new boat is a Belliure 41….
Old 04-14-2008
Señor Member

TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough
JT, Congrats on your new toy - nice boat.

NEB plans to launch my old boat on 4/17, 4/18 (this Thursday or Friday). I should be onboard to bend the sails with the new owner on Saturday - the day you're leaving, followed by a sea trial.

You lucked out, since it should be a perfect weekend for your sail to CT - after 11 straight weekends of rain and cold weather. Best of luck on your trip - I'll keep an eye out for a Belliure 41.
Old 04-14-2008
Belliure 41'

Thanks TB!
My launch is sometime prior to Thursday with commissioning and a sea trial planned for Thursday afternoon. Hopefully she does not have any issues as I will only have one day for repairs. Drop me a line if you end up in the yard, I believe I owe you a beer or two for some of the advice you have given me in the past. I will PM you with my numbers.

She stands out; look for the dark blue hull, triple spreader spar, teak decks and named “Alina” She really is a special boat as there are only two Ron Holland 41’s and mine is the only one that was worked on by Ted Hood. Here’s hoping they built her strong!

Congratulations on the sale of your old boat!
Old 04-14-2008
1997 Dehler 33

max-on will become famous soon enough
Hey JT, how about some pics of the new boat!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 04-14-2008
Catalina38driver

dcarey is on a distinguished road
Congrats! I'm in Haddam, have been sailing for years and recently received my USCG captains license. Last 10 years have been racing/sailing a Catalina 38 in Westbrook. I would love to join you and help on your passage from Newport to Deep River. What is your expected departure time from NEB and do you expect to get up to Deep River by Saturday evening?

Dave
Old 04-14-2008

denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough
JT,
Congratulations on a nice boat. I'll keep my eyes open for her when sailing the Saybrook area this summer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Be careful or i will do what the voices tell me to do
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To get the most from Sailnet, follow the link in
's signature.

Hey stuffit "Get a life"
Old 04-15-2008
Belliure 41'

New Boat!

http://www.sailnet.com/photogallery/...ry.php/cat/597

These are just some of the pics I have but I wanted to share them asap. Thank you everyone for all the kind words! I guess I should tell everyone that Saturday is also my birthday making this the best gift I have ever given myself! I sure hope every birthday is this good!

My plan is to leave NEB between 7:00am and 8:00am with the hopes of arriving in Deep River long before sunset. Weather is looking beautiful with good wind all day.

Dave, send me a PM with your phone number…it would be great if you could join us!

Thank you everyone for all the kind words! I'm really quite excited.

Last edited by JT1019; 04-15-2008 at 10:35 AM.
Old 04-15-2008
Catalina38driver

dcarey is on a distinguished road
JT, apparently I can't send PM (not enough posts yet). Please PM me with a way to conact you and I'll get in touch. I can be in Newport either Friday night (room on board?) or early Sat. am. What ever works best for you.

Dave
Old 04-15-2008
1997 Dehler 33

max-on will become famous soon enough
JT, that is a NICE boat, congrats!
Old 04-15-2008
Belliure 41'

Thanks Max! She is truly beautiful and I am truly lucky.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.