Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2008
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
Yes, I was tied up at the Town Dock. Spent the day people watching during the town wide flea market, and then Joel stopped by. It was great to be able to congratulate him in person on getting married, and to hear about the trip to Portugal. I can attest he seems no worse the wear after a prolonged exposure to Giu.

While waiting for him at the Tiki Bar last night. I met a local couple who will be cruising, June through October, and in the course of conversation, I may have a slip and work here in Oriental after the trip to Annapolis. Nothing definite yet, but a fortunate possibility. So, all in all, life is still good

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website & Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 05-04-2008

mjrogers is on a distinguished road
I've cruised the area on trailer sailers and found Oriental to be one of the friendliest places I've ever been. Bath and Little Washington on the Pamlico river were really nice, too; but when I was in that area the people were battening down for hurricane Isabele so I didn't have a chance to meet anyone.

Fair winds, Michael
Old 05-04-2008
1987 Pearson 27

Joel73 has a spectacular aura about Joel73 has a spectacular aura about Joel73 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBzeer View Post
Yes, I was tied up at the Town Dock. Spent the day people watching during the town wide flea market, and then Joel stopped by. It was great to be able to congratulate him in person on getting married, and to hear about the trip to Portugal. I can attest he seems no worse the wear after a prolonged exposure to Giu.

Mornin John! Actually i am much worse off now after sailing with Alex because i have developed a severe case of "Sailitus" which drives me to get to the water and on a boat at all possible moments. The problem is that i now have nightmares about hoisting the main halyard on Giulietta... i can never seem to do it fast enough!!! And once i do finally get it hoisted i have chest pains and feel like i'm about to die of a heart attack. Sailitus is a serious illness and i blame Alex for my infection!!!!!!!!!!

People watching is always fun at the tiki bar. It's a good thing i didn't have another drink last night... besides, i'm not sure i could've handled anymore of that dance music.

I'm not sure what the plan for today is yet... but if the rain keeps up then finding the chain for the mooring wont matter. If it keeps up then i will probably work on the bilge instead. For now i'm still going to try and find 1/2" chain but being a Sunday morning i expect to be off to a slow start because the Provision Co. isn't open yet. Wait... is that the sun i see???????? Maybe there is hope for a nice day yet...

Old 05-04-2008
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
Joel - I'm on my way over to South River right now. Forecast didn't look good for trying to plant the hook in the harbor, and there's still a lot of skinny water there. If the weather clears up though, I'll probably come back over.

JCP

- Website & Blog

Old 05-04-2008
1987 Pearson 27

Joel73 has a spectacular aura about Joel73 has a spectacular aura about Joel73 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBzeer View Post
Joel - I'm on my way over to South River right now. Forecast didn't look good for trying to plant the hook in the harbor, and there's still a lot of skinny water there. If the weather clears up though, I'll probably come back over.
I'll be around town looking for some chain this afternoon and i'll be in town till Mon evening. Let me know if you come back accross!

Old 05-04-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
HOIST THE MAIN JOEL...FASTER YOU WIMP...FASTER....HERE...I'LL DO IT DAMN IT.....EHEHEHEHEHE

John, the poor boy was lying down without air, needing a rest after hoisting this tiny little main sail...what a wimp....
Old 05-05-2008
Wandering Aimlessly

Well, after a peaceful Sunday on the South River, dawn brought heavy thunderstorms through. It was a rockin' and a rollin'! Finally headed out for New Bern a bit after 10, and sailed on the jib for about an hour. Hit 6.8 on the GPS. As is usual though, the wind soon died down, as it seems to do when it's in my favor. Still some Tstorm activity predicted, so maybe it will pick back up.

JCP

- Website & Blog

Old 05-05-2008
Wandering Aimlessly

OKAY!! Sails are up, and we're racing up the Nuese at a blistering 2.6 knots. Life is good.

JCP

- Website & Blog

Old 05-05-2008
Wandering Aimlessly

Made it to New Bern under sail, though I never did top 6.5 knots, the wind did pick up a bit. Especially when it was time to pull into the City Dock. Got a ride to the pipe store, but then, it was around a 5 mi walk back to the boat. You can tell New Bern is a small city instead of a big town, because no one stopped to ask if I wanted a ride. They always do in the smaller towns.

Can't remember if the used bookstore is open on Tuesdays or not. Hoping it is, as I'm out of reading material. And I certainly don't want to hike back out to Walmart or Target to find something. It was nice though, stopping in a few places and being remembered from last summer. Hopefully, for positive reasons

JCP

- Website & Blog

Old 05-06-2008
Wandering Aimlessly

Well, the 5 hour tacking marathon is over. Rain coming in from the west, the sky turning dark on all other points, and 15 mi to go. Could be sitting at anchor now, if I'd motored, but I'm trying not to. On the plus side, the batteries needed charging anyway.

They got the wind wrong, the temp wrong, but they were right about the 20% chance of T-storms and showers it seems. Such is life, which, none-the-less, is still good

JCP

- Website & Blog

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.