SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

hawaii to mainland work passage?

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  sailingdog 
#1 ·
Hi, i want to learn how to hitch work passage from hawaii to the mainland. Ive never sailed but, im a quick learner...i can cook clean, entertain with my guitar. any suggestions wuold be great. mahalo-chris

#3 ·
Welcome to Sailnet. I'd recommend you read the post in my signature to help you get the most out of sailnet.

BTW, cooking and cleaning are good..but do you know how to stand a night watch? Do you get sea sick?? Do you know how to steer to a compass course?? Read a chart?? Use a GPS Chartplotter?? IMHO, you should learn at least the basics of sailing before asking to crew, since teaching a complete newbie isn't often something that can be done on a passage. Take an ASA 101 course at a minimum. Better yet, get your STCW 95 certificate and take the ASA 101 course. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.