Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2008
A little less cheek

ianhlnd will become famous soon enough ianhlnd will become famous soon enough
Isolated Anchorages

Some people thrive on isolated anchorages, they can stay in a small cove for a month without going bonkers. Me, I like the occasional marina, and company when I'm in an isolated anchorage:

Especially if it's crew like these two who joined me for the week and 4th of July activities at El Burro Cove, Bahia Concepcion, Baja California, Mexico. I think I'm in love, but bigamy is against the law here in Mexico.

Last edited by ianhlnd; 07-08-2008 at 11:06 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-08-2008
Not So Senior Member

Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about
There are a few "looking for single female crew" guys around here that need your help Ian
Old 07-08-2008
Sea Slacker

brak is on a distinguished road
way to rub it in.
Old 07-10-2008
A little less cheek

My secrets - well some of them

For you guys looking for female crew here's a few tips, they seem to work for me.

Posting on forums is good, but we know what you're looking for, and it's not very productive.

First of all, when you meet a woman, act interested. Pay attention to what she says. If she says something like "Y'know, the war between the states against Germany in the 1800's was really horrible, my father was in that war". Or, Dick Cheny has a new reggae album out, compliment her on her knowledge of history, and current events and keep her talking to show off her knowledge. At some point your eyes will glaze over, but stay with it, it's worth it.

Second of all, Women look at themselves as a whole (no pun here), men look at women as parts. When men approach a nice looking women, their eyes go first to their chest, hips, legs, and face. As hard as it may be, focus on their face and eyes. Women spend more time on their face than on any other part of their body, concentrate on it. When you talk to them look directly into their eyes (they'll think you're an honest person).

And talking about parts, the words "You have beautiful eyes" gets them every time.

The Third tip, is maybe my greatest tool. Buy a whole bunch of really, really expensive camera equipment, have some flashy business cards made up and get about 2,000 google hits when they plug in your screen name. Tell your new to be crew that they are truly photogetic, and you'd like to take a snapshot to check it out, no matter how it comes out, tell them they're beautiful and you'd like to take more pictures, maybe even pay them for their time. You never will, but it seems professional.

Now where, when cruising, do you find women? All over. Marina bulletin boards, local nets, but my most productive is bus stations or ferry offices. For example, back here in Santa Rosalia there's a ferry to Guaymas and the mainland of Mexico. Get their timetables, then drop by about an hour before departure. If you see something interesting, introduce yourself, and let them know you can save them some money by crewing for you to the same destination, it may take a bit longer as there may be a secluded white sand beach to stop off at, swimming, snorkeling etc. That sure beats a ferry ride doesn't it, and saves them about $100.00. If it doesn't seem to work out, tell them something broke on the boat and you have to get back to port and drop them back at the ferry terminal.

So that's the nutshell, fill in the blanks and with a little effort, you'll do all right.

Now that my secret's out, I'll probably never be able to get crew again.

Last edited by ianhlnd; 07-10-2008 at 11:30 AM.
Old 07-10-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
LOL.... Nice post Ian...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 07-10-2008

Rockter will become famous soon enough
Ian,
What have you been up to you naughty boy?
Old 07-10-2008
A little less cheek

rockter:
Quote:
What have you been up to you naughty boy?
I'm not telling, but I did learn that a "threesome" isn't only a golf term, and at my age, playing that game almost killed me.
Old 07-10-2008
Francophobe

TheFrog is on a distinguished road
Ian needs to wipe the **** eating grin off his face, the rest of us are already jealous and he just rubs it in...
Quote:
I'm not telling, but I did learn that a "threesome" isn't only a golf term, and at my age, playing that game almost killed me.

Quote:
Golf is an exercise in Scottish pointlessness for people who are no longer able to throw telephone poles at each other.
-Florence King

To get the most from Sailnet, follow the link in
's signature.

Old 07-10-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Wouldn't you...especially if you were his age and looked like him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrog View Post
Ian needs to wipe the **** eating grin off his face, the rest of us are already jealous and he just rubs it in...

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 07-10-2008

buckeyesailor is on a distinguished road
Kinda answers the question........

Where ya'll keep'n the wimmin 'round here?

now doesn't it?