Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2009
Aeolus II

mccary is on a distinguished road
Its been a while since we heard from you...

Its been a while since we heard from you...how are you and Skipjack doing? Its been a stormy summer down there and I was just wondering how it is going.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-01-2009
Orange is the new black.

kjango is on a distinguished road
Hi Joe . How's that broken foot ?? I hope this finds you doing well & prospering . With the economy tanked I'm just about where I was the last time you heard from me . I have been getting in a lot of sailing , but now I'm having a little overheating issue with my engine . I've been through the raw water end & I'm now exploring the closed system . I remain content with boat life & I'm not looking back . I still hope to get away from here this Fall , but the economy has to get better . My little company out West is doing poorly . I just try to be content doing little things in the interim . Hope you are well & having a nice season . Let me know how things are going .
Old 08-16-2009
Aeolus II

The economy has been rough on everyone. My brother was laid off after 31 years with the same engineering company... My personal business is holding its own with some cutbacks from key clients. Diversity in my work has again proven to be key. My boat is still there keeping me sane when I have time to sail. Since she (and my house) are paid for it is one of those thing in life that will remain with me the longest (forever I assume). I have been spending time with my grand kids in Boston whenever I can.

I wish you best of luck with re-cooling your engine.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-24-2009
Orange is the new black.

Looks like I cured my engine overheating about the same time as your post Joe . After going through the entire system it turned out to be nothing more the a little elbow fitting that was clogged . The up side of that ordeal is I pretty much know everything there is to know about my cooling system now . I've been getting in some great sailing as I approach the one year anniversery aboard the Skipjack . Week before last I completely re-did the companionway bulkhead . I even re-did the wood cleats . ( sanded to bare wood & then 6 coats of varnish ) Last week I re-did Skipjack's wheel . ( again 6 coats of varnish ) I have to say & some may disagree , but I made no effort to stain away any discoloration . I'm going for the patina look . I actually think the discoloration makes it look more interesting & the wheel feels like glass in my hand . Next week I'm re-doing the cockpit deck . At some point I'll be able to get out of here & Skipjack will leave here looking pretty . Hope all is well with you .
Old 09-27-2009
Aeolus II

Have you decided how to celebrate your liberty anniversary? Sure seems like some way to mark the event is needed...
Old 09-27-2009
Orange is the new black.

You know , I hadn't Joe . But I have to tell you & I couldn't be more sincere when I say it , I celebrate that every day on the Skipjack . It makes me feel powerful that even the government of the United States was unable to break my will & I was able to pull this off & set myself free . I advocate that we are all ultimately responsible for our own freedom & happiness & sense of well being . Having said that , if I was to celebrate that day I'd have to find a dirt cheap way to do it......hahaha Thanks for checking in Joe . How's that foot ??? Have you been getting out much this season ???
Old 10-04-2009
Aeolus II

Foot is fine, except before storm passes over... I have been sailing less than I would like, but we have had plenty of family events to take me away form sailing. Right now my mother & father in law are here. They are moving here so my wife has been plenty busy. I have been busy with work and with my brother being unemployed for a while I have been having him work with me. The Annapolis Boat Show is coming this week and I may make my way there for an afternoon.
Old 10-08-2009

mgiguere is on a distinguished road
Is this for real???

Thought I heard a very similar story last year...or have you been equivocating all that time.

Anyway....make sure you have an autopilot and take the inside passage down the east river and go door-to-door. The onlys longish part is down the NJ coast, and there are still many places to pull into. From Cape May, go out the back way and up the Delaware to the C&D and you're home. (Take someone with you)

Moe
Old 10-09-2009
Orange is the new black.

I have no notion what equivocating is but , I made it & Oct. 4th was my one year anniversary aboard the Skipjack . Thanks
Old 10-10-2009
Glad I found Sailnet

Bene505 will become famous soon enough Bene505 will become famous soon enough
Happy anniversary, Captain K!!!

Do you have internet on board? How are you for heat for the winter?

Regards,
Brad

. .

. .
. .
. .
. .