SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Cruising & Liveaboard Forum (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/cruising-liveaboard-forum/)
-   -   womboat Cruise 09 (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/cruising-liveaboard-forum/50173-womboat-cruise-09-a.html)

tdw 01-02-2009 09:15 PM

womboat Cruise 09

Doubt that it will be quite the lark of last year's effort but the rodents gout notwithstanding we are going to have a shot at a short cruise. Just a week but that's better than nothing.

Behave yourselves while I'm away though I'm going to at least try and and not.

Catch you all when the tide comes back in.

As some of you know the Wombette and I share the same birthday and we have a special restaurant just up the coast a short way where we will while away the day with too much food and appropriate amounts of lubrication. So that's our first destination and from there who knows.

No computer on board so it's over and out from me.

Salute

sailhog 01-02-2009 09:28 PM

Here's to Cap'n Wombat and Captainess Wombette! Behave yourselves and don't let the uric acid get you down. A buddy of mine has nasty gout attacks... he was once so disabled that he had to pee into a glass casarole dish from where he lay his sofa. Just couldn't walk to the head because getting up was so painful. My heart goes out to you, Cap'n Wombat. Hang in there! Hope it doesn't cause your meat to loaf or your hotdog to stand at inappropriate moments...

Take pics, and write us a fine travelogue when you get back... I could use that...

camaraderie 01-02-2009 11:43 PM

Have fun Fuzzy...As to the gout...at least it is not an STD!! :D
A speedy recovery to ya!

PBzeer 01-03-2009 12:13 AM

A safe and enjoyable cruise. Remember, it's not the miles you go,but the smiles you find.

djodenda 01-03-2009 12:41 AM

Have fun, Fuzzy.. Looking forward to another great trip report...

David

CalebD 01-03-2009 01:02 AM

TDW,
I hate to say this but I hear that one of the worst things for the 'disease of royalty' is: beer! I guess anything that makes you pee a lot is bad as it produces uric acid(urine). Apparently spinach and red meat are also high up on the list of foods that can exasperate this condition. I am hoping I don't start feeling to 'royal' as the aforementioned are some of my favorite things to consume.
Wishing you and the missus fair weather for your birthdays and trip. We look forward to your write up and fuzzy humor upon successful return.

bubb2 01-03-2009 01:22 AM

Have fun and pic's for us.

Valiente 01-03-2009 03:20 PM

Enjoy yourself, A. and try not to set off accidental flares...

(The above is completely meaningless, but like so much to do with sailing, sounds reasonably suggestive).

xort 01-03-2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailhog (Post 426475)
Hope it doesn't cause your meat to loaf or your hotdog to stand at inappropriate moments... Take pics

I think that would be inapropriate for sailnet, even in off topic.

tdw 01-11-2009 10:32 AM

ah me, no one puts it better than the Hog. back home today, should I say we limped back into port ?

more later.

work tomorrow

blech.

cheers all