Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2009

bhcva is on a distinguished road
Crisfield anchorage

We have, over the past several years, pulled up two pieces of trash when recovering the anchor...the first was a major mess of wire and the second was one of those two wheeled cart you see around marinas. Great sport trying to free them from the anchor or vice versa. They have a very nice marina as an alternative.
Old 03-24-2009

NautiG is on a distinguished road
I did not anchor in the Crisfield basin and can't comment on that. I anchored in a creek nearby and dinghied in. The creek would not be an option for most sailboats, but was fine for my catamaran draft.

I enjoy a secluded anchorage. I was rewarded this time by what I'm pretty damn sure was a bald eagle which perched on a marker nearby. It looked sort of like the vultures flying around, but had a white head. I wish I could have taken pictures, but it looked like a speck on my point and shoot camera. I could only get a good look through my binoculars.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-24-2009

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by NautiG View Post

And you guys convinced me. I've agreed to a slip and will be going to Stingray Point Marina tomorrow. Yes, the water stinks. I tasted it when I biked over the other day, but the marina has nice people and seems like a sailors marina.

Scott
Gemini Catamaran Split Decision
Cool, I look forward to making your aquaintence. I'm sure there are a lot of nice folks in most all marina's, but I think you'll be happy with the folks you meet at Stingray.

I'm not going to make my end of month splash date, but hope to only be late another week or two at most. I had a couple of suprises come up at the last minute and hope I can get them addressed and get in the water by the 18th at the very latest.
Old 03-24-2009

NautiG is on a distinguished road
Midlife, I've been to a few marinas over the years and I've enjoyed my stays at all of them. The people have always been great. I just decided Stingray was the best fit for me, my boat, and the Admiral. I will however sadly miss the people I left behind at my marina in Baltimore. I had some great times with them. But I'm looking forward to having some more good times in Deltaville.

Get that boat in the water!

Last edited by NautiG; 03-24-2009 at 02:22 PM.
Old 03-25-2009

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by NautiG View Post
Midlife, I've been to a few marinas over the years and I've enjoyed my stays at all of them. The people have always been great. I just decided Stingray was the best fit for me, my boat, and the Admiral. I will however sadly miss the people I left behind at my marina in Baltimore. I had some great times with them. But I'm looking forward to having some more good times in Deltaville.

Get that boat in the water!
I'm working on it, but I've been getting a bit frantic with plans to get everything done. With this latest issue (a leak in the cabintop of unknown source) I've just surrendered a little bit and am letting go of the stress.

I just have to accept that the boat will get in the water when its fixed, and it will cost whatever it will cost to get it fixed. Life is too short to worry yourself so much. We'll get back in the water and get on Deltaville time soon enough.

As far as missing your old friends you can always head up a trip to go visit. I'm sure you'd get a few boats to go along! I know the SHYC visited B'more last year, but I was between boats at the time.