Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2009

WanderingStar is on a distinguished road
"The boogeyman does not live in Cuba"
Not anymore. He drowned on a raft trying to get away from that workers paradise.
Your "change" smells like bs to me.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-04-2009

xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about
I don't care if castro tortures his people, steals their property, locks up anyone who objects to his practices and has become one of the richest men in the world by stealing everything he can; I just want to have fun! And I can do that on the cheap because it's such a bargain.
There's miscarriages of justice all across the world, so why should I care at all about my neighbors? I just want to have fun.
Old 04-04-2009

Freesail99 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Freesail99
Quote:
Originally Posted by cort View Post
I don't care if castro tortures his people, steals their property, locks up anyone who objects to his practices and has become one of the richest men in the world by stealing everything he can; I just want to have fun! And I can do that on the cheap because it's such a bargain.
There's miscarriages of justice all across the world, so why should I care at all about my neighbors? I just want to have fun.

Here here, frankly I am having a hard time believing all these middle age men being so in touch with there feelings, oh I mean moral compasses. Give me a break does everything of late on this site have to fall, almost always in the off topic area ? It's really getting old.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-04-2009

xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about
Umm, Free. I was being sarcastic
Old 04-04-2009
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
When in internet history has a thread about Cuba NOT become political? CD is an AFOC for starting it!
Old 04-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by xort View Post
Umm, Free. I was being sarcastic
I wasn't this isn't off topic.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-04-2009
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Guess someone should not have suggested sailnet lobbying the government for passage of the bill then eh?
Old 04-04-2009

No someone should just keep politics where they belong.
Old 04-04-2009

petmac is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
Good...I am Ugly then...but you ARE lacking in morality if you visit Cuba.
Everyone supported boycotting South Africa during apartheid. This is NO DIFFERENT. It ain't an American thing...I could care less what the law says. It is RIGHT vs. WRONG. Rationalize it and demonize it any way you want to....they ain't trying to get here on styrofoam rafts cause Fidel and Raul are nice guys. Your $$ will keep them in power.
Cam, I have to disagree with you. Cuba is not South Africa. Apartheid was a much different situation. I am also not saying that Cuba is a democracy either. Before Castro and his revolution, Cuba was run by Batista. Batista was a dictator who overthrew a liberal government in 1933. No democracy under Batista. The US liked Batista because he respected US interests. Many of Batista's opponents were gunned down. Under Batista, Cuba became profitable for American business interests and organized crime. Following Castro's revolution, Castro came to the US to explain the revolution and that they weren't communists. The US snubbed him so he went to the Soviets for support and they were only too eager to back Cuba. Before the revolution 75 % of Cuba's best arable land was owned by foreign individuals or foreign companies (mostly US). Castro's Cuba expropriated foreign owned land and interests and this is what started the embargo. I don't think that the embargo has helped anybody, especially the Cuban people. Might be why many of the people choose to leave on rafts,etc.
These facts are what I have read over the years. I stand to be corrected. By the way, I enjoy most of your posts especially the ones related to sailing.
Old 04-05-2009

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
Good...I am Ugly then...but you ARE lacking in morality if you visit Cuba.
Everyone supported boycotting South Africa during apartheid. This is NO DIFFERENT. It ain't an American thing...I could care less what the law says. It is RIGHT vs. WRONG. Rationalize it and demonize it any way you want to....they ain't trying to get here on styrofoam rafts cause Fidel and Raul are nice guys. Your $$ will keep them in power.
I have not been back to south east Asia for over 35 years. I think I would like to go back to visit. But I only have two purple hearts and one bronze star. I guess I am not American enough!

Never Forgotten

Last edited by bubb2; 04-05-2009 at 01:27 AM.