SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

CRUISING BUDGET

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
My husband and I have been sailing the Great Lakes for years and are planning to cruise the Caribbean in 3 years. We expect to be gone from home for 5 years plus... We own our house and our boat. Now the question--- how much money do you need in the bank and how much does it cost yearly to cruise? (he''s 55 I''m 45 and we don''t want to work again, just sail). If anyone can comment on the economics of freedom I''d love to hear from you! Tom & Willow

#2 ·
Tom & Willow,
SailNet recently ran an article by Paul and Sheryl Shard on cruising budgets. Check the last 25 feature articles on the front page or try this link:
http://www.sailnet.com/collections/articles/index.cfm?articleid=shardp0011

There are several other cruising budget articles linked at the bottom of this one.

Best Regards
Kathy
MS Sojourner

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.