SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Cruising & Liveaboard Forum (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/cruising-liveaboard-forum/)
-   -   34 Columbia as liveaboard (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/cruising-liveaboard-forum/56294-34-columbia-liveaboard.html)

groupa 07-17-2009 02:46 PM

34 Columbia as liveaboard

34 Columbia Cutter, seems roomy enough, price is right but as a liveaboard does anyone have any experience with them?

Thoughts, pros cons?

anyone?

imagine2frolic 07-17-2009 02:48 PM

I lived on a 30ft. Columbia for years. Almost bought a 34. If you can't live on it them maybe a sailboat is not for you? Unless you are a family with kids.....i2f

sailingdog 07-17-2009 03:37 PM

It depends... are you talking a single person, a couple, or a family of five? :D

Are you talking about a boat that will be in a slip with access to shorepower and marina facilities, like a head and shower or one that will be on a mooring?

You really don't give enough information to get good advice. I'd highly recommend you read this POST to help you get the most out of sailnet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by groupa (Post 506260)
34 Columbia Cutter, seems roomy enough, price is right but as a liveaboard does anyone have any experience with them?

Thoughts, pros cons?

anyone?

groupa 07-17-2009 04:27 PM

Two People with a cat, In a slip on shore power until Nov then headed to FL.(Boat made trip to Bahamas 2 yrs ago) After that not sure yet. Has head, from pictures looks like there is a shower. Hot and cold water, solar panels(2). etc.

I know I CAN live on it I am just looking for others experience with them, pros, cons as compared to other boats. Ya know things you ould have changed(assuming someone has previously owned one).

imagine2frolic 07-18-2009 09:04 AM

DEPENDS? Do you love eachother, or hate eachother. Love, the boat is way big/ Hate, this earth is too small.:D ;) .......i2f

groupa 07-18-2009 02:12 PM

I am not asking about our relationship here I am asking about the boat, this boat in particular, specifics. Ya know the good, bad and the ugly about the BOAT and any experience others may have with them as a liveaboard.

imagine2frolic 07-18-2009 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by groupa (Post 506505)
I am not asking about our relationship here I am asking about the boat, this boat in particular, specifics. Ya know the good, bad and the ugly about the BOAT and any experience others may have with them as a liveaboard.

Maybe I wasn't clear..

If you love eachother the boat is big enough for your situation. If you 2 can't live on this boat you better buy a house boat. I know this boat well. I nearly bought one, and a fellow sailor had one. Sorry maybe my humor isn't for you?:laugher :laugher :D ......i2f

groupa 07-18-2009 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imagine2frolic (Post 506506)
Maybe I wasn't clear..

If you love eachother the boat is big enough for your situation. If you 2 can't live on this boat you better buy a house boat. I know this boat well. I nearly bought one, and a fellow sailor had one. Sorry maybe my humor isn't for you?:laugher :laugher :D ......i2f

respectfully, your not getting it, I know this boat is big enough, actually we have been living on one much smaller for 5 yrs. So thats not the issue, the issue is what have other who HAVE owned one and HAVE lived on this particular make/model boat HAVE experienced, and what would they change about the boat, hence the specifics... get it now?

And no I didnt come here for humor I came here to get others EXPIERENCES having actually OWNED this make/model boat and it seems you haven't sooooo your attempt at humor is just mucking up the the real question being asked.

imagine2frolic 07-18-2009 04:09 PM

Well now,

You weren't real specific in your question the first time....were you! If you can't figure it for yourself how to present a question to get a specific answer. Then so sorry....it will get mucked up. It is the internet, and that's kinda what happens. Maybe you need to lay down some specifics you want answered instead of vague questions. Possibly you need to reread your own original post.....have a nice day.......i2f

johnshasteen 07-18-2009 05:25 PM

Back in the '80's there was a couple with a cat, with down the dock from us that had been living aboard Laughing Lady, an aircraft carrier-decked Columbia 34 for five or six years - they seemed quite comfortable.