SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Cruising & Liveaboard Forum (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/cruising-liveaboard-forum/)
-   -   Good Sailing Grounds in New Jersey? (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/cruising-liveaboard-forum/5871-good-sailing-grounds-new-jersey.html)

VaughtDH 12-23-2002 06:16 AM

Good Sailing Grounds in New Jersey?

My family and I are moving to Medford New Jersey in the Spring, We have our "Southern Sailboat" Free Flight in the southern cheasapeake on the york river. We also need to move her north and since both of us, *My boat and myself have seldom been north* we know nothing about Northern waters.

Are there good sailing grounds and home ports in New Jersey?

Rev David.

Bombero5 01-17-2003 05:11 PM

Hey Rev, Why leave the Chesapeake? You could go to Cape May but I live in Phila. and my friends brother lives in Medford Lakes, N.J. and we both keep our boats on the upper Chesapeake. The Bohemia River is a pleasent hour and 15 minute ride. They have three marinas next to each other from $ to $$$. If you need any more info. drop me a line.

PerryD19 01-19-2003 07:52 AM

I sail out of Ocean City NJ,Great Egg Harbour Inlet,from April through November. Sailing is terrific. You have the mighty Atlantic Ocean at your disposal,well most of the time. The trick is to find a boat slip near the inlet so that you don''t have to travel too far to get outside. I''ll be happy to be of assistance. PerryD

halyardz 01-20-2003 12:10 AM

Bombero5 Please give me a hollar backchannel regarding those marinas and cost.
halyardz@aol.com

hsundown1 02-09-2003 08:37 AM

My wife & I live in Medford and sail out of Spring Cove Marina in Rock Hall. Even though it takes us about two hours to drive to the boat, once there we have so many easy-to-reach cruising options, i.e. Annapolis, Baltimore, St. Michaels, Chester River,etc. From Rock Hall you can cruise to destinations both North & South.

As an alternative, I have a friend (Medford Lakes) who sails Barnegat Bay and enjoys the convenience of being able to get to his boat in about 50 minutes. There''s almost always plenty of wind on Barnegat Bay, but few places to anchor overnight.

Bob & Liz Powell

sgillool 03-05-2011 10:59 AM

Come to Perth Amboy! Raritan Yacht Club is one of the 10 oldest in the country and has world class sailing in Raritan and Sandy Hook Bays. Minutes from NYC and Central NJ. We're even having a free open house on March 19th - go to ryc.org for more information.

Minnewaska 03-05-2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgillool (Post 705347)
Come to Perth Amboy! Raritan Yacht Club is one of the 10 oldest in the country and has world class sailing in Raritan and Sandy Hook Bays. Minutes from NYC and Central NJ. We're even having a free open house on March 19th - go to ryc.org for more information.

Sounds cool and welcome to Sailnet. The post you replied to is 7 or more years old, so I hope they found a home by now. You'll see the date of the posts in the top left corner. Enjoy.