Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2009

aerie is on a distinguished road
Singlehanded cruising in the Caribbean

I can't find the original thread on this topic, so thought I'd start a new one to post my update. To summarize my original post, I'm the woman who invited a male friend to join her on a six-week cruise of the Leeward Islands, only to have him invite two different women to join the crew along the way. Bottom line is, after cruising the BVI for a week with my "friend" I have realized that I'm better off without him aboard, and so I will be singlehanding from here after all. I'm in the BVI at the moment, making preparations to head down-island tomorrow now that the wind is supposed to go northeast. It's been southeast the last few days, not exactly ideal since my desired course to Dominica is 147 degrees!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-22-2009
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
Gail

Here's a link to all the threads you started (easily accessed from your public profile page - it comes up when you click on your username.

btw - you'll love Domineca!

http://www.sailnet.com/forums/search...earchid=435915

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Old 11-22-2009

wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about
Dude must have a lot of nerve to be able to start inviting women on as crew for another woman's boat! Can't give him any points for smarts, or even style, but he sure gets points for daring.

Please support my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-22-2009
Oathkeepers member

jerryrlitton will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to jerryrlitton Send a message via MSN to jerryrlitton Send a message via Yahoo to jerryrlitton Send a message via Skype™ to jerryrlitton
Quote:
Originally Posted by wind_magic View Post
Dude must have a lot of nerve to be able to start inviting women on as crew for another woman's boat! Can't give him any points for smarts, or even style, but he sure gets points for daring.
Like we say in this biz...there is a fine line between stupidity and bravery. Usual you can tell the difference at the end.

Jerry
If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.

Bruce Lee

LET'S GET SERIOUS ABOUT ENFORCING OUR PRESENT LAWS NOW

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-24-2009

Zanshin is on a distinguished road
Perhaps our paths will cross, I'm in Antigua now and heading north and then to the BVI later this week. Also singlehanding.

Old 12-01-2009

aerie is on a distinguished road
Leaving Dominica bound for Antigua

Zanshin,

I suppose you have left Antigua by now, and I'm just now leaving Dominica tomorrow with plans to be in Antigua by Dec 5. I will be back in the BVI the third week in December. I do know that I want to visit Anguilla on this trip, and Nevis. I'm really enjoying my time on the boat, and didn't miss having crew on the 47-hour passage from the BVI to Dominica. I raised a few eyebrows when I checked in with Customs and Immigration, and when people figure out that I'm singlehanding, they offer to come aboard as crew. I have noticed that I don't go through as much freshwater when I'm alone on the boat...

Gail
Old 12-12-2009

Superpickle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wind_magic View Post
Nothing like, "Biting the hand that Feeds you" sorta....
What an Ungreatful TWITT..
Should have used him for an Anchor !

Old 12-13-2009

Zanshin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerie View Post
...I suppose you have left Antigua by now...
Gail
Gail,
I haven't been signing on much, or travelling much; either. I am in St. Martin and hopefully I can get the genset fixed tomorrow (it will need to be lifted out in order to get to the mixing elbow!!). If that goes well I'll overnight to the BVI and be there on the 15th. Where are you these days?

I usually get the same reaction when checking in. First they confirm "Are you really alone aboard", then they take another look at me, then look at the boat papers to check the boat length, then I get another cool stare from the immigration official.