Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2009

satenig is on a distinguished road
marinas along icw mm 640-650

does anyone know of any marinas along the icw somewhere between MM 640-650?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-26-2009

badsanta is on a distinguished road
Skipper Bob Marinas list 11 edition has none listed, But it has some listed at mile 613.5 and one at 661.9
Old 12-28-2009

skipper bob's

we left too late to order skipper bob's and none of the marinas along the way have it in their ship's store. Do you know what the name of the marinas at 613 and 661? also, there are freeze watches in effect and without an inverter, it is too cold to anchor. any help you can provide would greatly be appreciated. thanks
Old 12-28-2009

xsboats is on a distinguished road
Check out Active Captain. It will give you all the info you need about marinas, provisions,etc... It will take a minute to set up an account, but it is free.
Old 12-28-2009

badsanta is on a distinguished road
661-9 list Two way fish camp phone #912-265-0410 the other does not list any amenities. We just arrived in Hollywood Fl on Christmas night. It is still very cool at night here. On the way down we had frost on the deck. Had no heat at all and I had everything on and all the blankets piled on. Warm in bed but getting up was hard. 20 days of morning to dark at 7 knots and 3 days delay with weather. My first trip, next dime I will stop and enjoy the sights and take more time and add a heater.
Old 12-29-2009

thank you, badsanta. we are presently in georgia at the kilkenny marina (SM 614). we are going to try to make it brunswick (golden isles marina) tomorrow but that is 66 miles and traveling at 5 knots with the currents, tides and winds against us, it is making it very difficult. this is also our first trip and it will be our last up or down the ICW ever. we bought a electric heater somewhere along the way, i don't remember where, but we've been having to find a marina every day because it is so damn cold to anchor!! anyway, after brunswick comes fernandina beach, florida where we might have our son drive up from daytona and let him and dad finish the trip to palm coast. never having sailed myself, i am hesitant to go off shore. thanks for the info. and maybe we'll see you in florida.
Old 01-11-2010

BrickPearson26 is on a distinguished road
We did this part of our trip south from Maine in mid-December. If it is any help, I can tell you that the weather starts getting progressively better when you hit Florida. We found on average that we gained around 2 degrees every 50 miles. We were expecting warmer weather when we hit Virginia (November 15), but obviously we had to wait a lot longer for it. Just hang in there.
Old 01-12-2010

mman30 is on a distinguished road
Hang in there

we did the trip last year leaving Annapolis, MD on Nov. 13th and it was cold until Fernindina, even had a few cold nights in Flordia. In Fernindina beach there is a Hardware store within walking distance to the city marina. You can purchase a kerosene heater for $99. bucks plus kerosene fuel (they even make a scented version if you dont like the smell of kerosene). Dont use the heater while healed over with any sail up, but at night it will warm most boats cabins in the matter of minutes (much safer then propane heaters. i.e. Mr. Heater's, etc.) and if your not comfortable leaving it on low at night, get a carbon monoxide detector/smoke alarm (though Co2 poisoning is less likely with keresone) leave the hatch open slightly, you will heat your self out with this heater. My 2 cents. Enjoy the trip, it is only going to get better.
Old 01-12-2010

mman30 is on a distinguished road
also a hardware store on Jeykel Island, GA