Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Iraq (landlocked)
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 8
You people make it sound like BrickPearson26 is going to be arriving back in the states within 48 hrs, which if that were the case, this thread wouldn't be happening. I'm not versed in how the Spring weather will be for sailing, but by then, I would think chance of major snow storm would be slim, referring mainly to geography South of Mason-Dixon. Sounds like getting to Florida is the first part of the elephant to chew (re: How do you eat a whole elephant? One bite at a time). Get that under your belt and you're significantly closer- other options as previously mentioned might look more favorable/do-able/less costly. From your posting and reviewing your "blog", I'd be incline to think you're more concerned about the cold weather and less about foul weather, at least where a level of comfort is concerned.
I am one who might be interested in purchasing your boat if you will at least get it to Florida should you decide to go that route, no pun intended.
Side note: technically, ASAP is an acronym, as we all know, that is used mostly these days incorrectly, as in "right now". What ever happened to it's original meaning- as soon as possible? In other words, if it ain't possible before May, then so be it.