Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New England
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 13
BLJ makes some good points, but IMHO, you'll score more points if you MAKE dinner
, rather than buy it. Learn to cook at least a few meals she likes... it isn't difficult and the payback is usually worth it.
Originally Posted by bljones
How to make a single guy's boat romantic:
1. Close the head door.
2. Flush the head. At least weekly.
3. Stow your porn.
4. Turn off the football game.
5. Open a hatch and vent the place.
6. Stow your underwear. even the clean stuff.
7. Cast off. Hanging out on a workboat quay ain't gonna get you bumping uglies.
8. Clean it up. With soap and water. If your boat smells like fish, your fingers won't.
9. Buy her dinner that doesn't come with a toy or in a bag.
10. Keep a bottle of wine on board.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)
If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.