Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2010
Aura Columbia 30

Boondoggle30 is on a distinguished road
I readagood article in Good Old Boat mag which highlighted ventalation. I will be adding a solar vent on the head and galley this spring. Are they hardto install? I'm handy but cuttng into cabin makes me nervous.
That and some much needed running maint on engine...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-01-2010

QuickMick is on a distinguished road
While there are always many diversions (and chores/projects) aboard, I did recently purchase a HD antenne for my laptop... it is nice to occasionally see the news, watch some olympics etc.. obviously not a neccessity but for 50 bucks worth it... heck and i dont even have kids! lol.

i also opted for microwave inside, propane grill in the cockpit... not to say gimballed stoves arent safe, but im pretty sure fiberglass is flammable and they just make me a bit edgy for some reason.

best of luck, Quinn

Quinn McColly
Macgregor Venture

Last edited by QuickMick; 03-01-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old 03-01-2010

CaptainForce will become famous soon enough
We moved aboard five years before we had children; raised our two kids aboard until they left for college; and now have lived aboard for the last 13 years as "empty-nesters". I would only add that it would be wise to keep the spaces on your boat adaptable for general use. By this I mean, if you have four individualized spaces on your boat; then, it would be wise to have the ability to sleep, watch tv, read, use a computer, eat, do homework, or whatever activiy in any of those spaces. By this, I don't necessarily mean the redundancy of devices, i.e. computers or TV's, but the flexibility of use for the space. We also felt that our children did best having their own private space, despite how small. As a result of this our daughter, when moving into the college dorm room, had to hang sheets around her bed in order to sleep in the huge cavernous space! 'take care and joy, Aythya crew