Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2010

WanderingStar is on a distinguished road
I read the interviews and enjoyed them. There is no substitute for first hand information.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-12-2010

bb74 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Eryka - Anyone who has been out of their home country for more than 2 years, whether they are back now or still out. If you would pass along the site to your friends and then send me their email if they are interested, that would be excellent.

PS - today's interview is up!
Been out of my "home" country long enough I don't know what is "home" these days! Unfortunately, not on a boat...

Interesting project there. Q. Are you doing it because you've got too much time on your hands??
Old 04-13-2010

Architeuthis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Eryka - Anyone who has been out of their home country for more than 2 years,
I can see how few people would meet that though I sure like the idea. Home always seem to drag one back, if not just for visits and details, then for sad family reasons. I guess some day, when we are very much older it will be possible but I'm in no rush to get there.

Still great idea, helps with the dreaming.
Have faith that the oceans are going to rise and flood the world, that plague and pestilence brought on by Climate Change is going to punish us for not believing. Please do as they say it is our only hope. :P
Old 04-13-2010

johnnyandjebus is on a distinguished road
Livia

Someone you might consider contacting is Nick Jaffe. He has recently completed a partial circumnavigation on board a contessa 26. England to New York, cross country(towed) to San Francisco then on to Hawaii and home to Australia. I don't know him personally but have followed his journey via his website.

Bigoceans | Tiny Boat

John
Old 04-18-2010
Vagabond in Training

Livia is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb74 View Post
Interesting project there. Q. Are you doing it because you've got too much time on your hands??
Close to the mark. I have plenty to do but as I told the interviewer at Three Sheets NW, I originally created the site while failing to sleep because my to do list was too long!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
//
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
//
Old 04-18-2010
Vagabond in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architeuthis View Post
I can see how few people would meet that though I sure like the idea. Home always seem to drag one back, if not just for visits and details, then for sad family reasons.
Thanks.

If someone flew home for 2 weeks for a family emergency or holidays, that still seems to be "cruising outside of home country for 2 years" to me. I definitely don't want to be legalistic about it...it's just a guideline for me.

@ johnnyandjebus - I will contact him this week. Thanks!
@ wanderingstar - Thanks!

I created a "how you can help" page at the top bar today and tomorrow the next interview goes live.

//
//
Old 04-22-2010
Vagabond in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyandjebus View Post
Livia

Someone you might consider contacting is Nick Jaffe. He has recently completed a partial circumnavigation on board a contessa 26. England to New York, cross country(towed) to San Francisco then on to Hawaii and home to Australia. I don't know him personally but have followed his journey via his website.

Bigoceans | Tiny Boat

John
John - Nick is now May 17th's interview - thanks!

Also, we now have a discussion post open on the site.

//
//
Old 05-24-2010

utchuckd is on a distinguished road
Still enjoying the interviews!

I really liked the answer to the trade goods question. I've never head of trade goods before, sounds interesting.
Old 05-27-2010
Vagabond in Training

Thanks utchuckd - I've just opened a discussion post for readers to suggest follow up questions to the first 10 interviews and next week is an interview with Evans & Beth aboard Hawk.

//
//
Old 05-27-2010

thesnort is on a distinguished road
Excellent website! and nice "bank of questions". I'm reading "Bumfuzzle" right now and enjoying the surprising answers.
BTW, nice choice in boats you have there yourself.