SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Cruising & Liveaboard Forum (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/cruising-liveaboard-forum/)
-   -   The Interview With A Cruiser Project (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/cruising-liveaboard-forum/63576-interview-cruiser-project.html)

Livia 04-06-2010 03:06 PM

The Interview With A Cruiser Project

I think I'm ready to announce the site on the big bad beast that is sailnet. As is tradition on this forum, I'm fully expecting this thread to quickly devolve into either an anchor style war, a discussion on which boat to buy, or a place to showcase your best photoshopping skills. (Also, because I know how humor can fail to translate here - I'M JOKING, I'M JOKING - :D - but I'm not joking about the photoshop, feel free!)

The Interview With A Cruiser Project is a site with weekly interviews (10 questions - published on Mondays) with cruisers who have been cruising outside of their home country for more than two years.

We have 3 interviews on the site already and interviews in hand for publication through May 3rd with others in the works.

Three Sheets NW did a piece on the project that I think is a better description of what I'm doing and why than anything that I could write.

I've also posted a bit on the current status of the project on the main page and at the top of the main page is a description of the project, FAQ, the questions I'm using, and contact information.

Cheers, Livia

copacabana 04-06-2010 03:31 PM

Very cool site Livia. Thanks for sharing it.

johnnyandjebus 04-08-2010 06:48 PM

Livia

A most excellent idea, I will be visiting your site on a regular basis.

John

Livia 04-08-2010 09:47 PM

Thanks Copacabana and John.

I have 4 interviews already returned, formatted and scheduled to publish (one each Monday) and 10 others who have agreed to an interview and have the questions in hand.

The most difficult part seems to be finding cruisers to ask who fit the criteria, even though I know there are so many out there. Once I ask most people seem happy to be involved. As per usual, if you know of anyone (or even just read their blog/site or know of them) that you would like me to ask, please do send their names my way.

Myata 04-08-2010 09:48 PM

Very enjoyable, thanks. I'm looking forward to Monday.

Jim

utchuckd 04-08-2010 10:35 PM

Nice work!

eryka 04-09-2010 10:32 AM

Nice site! Assume you've contacted SSCA? They'd be an excellent source of leads.

Livia 04-09-2010 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eryka (Post 590880)
Nice site! Assume you've contacted SSCA? They'd be an excellent source of leads.

Thanks utchuckd & Eryka. I did post it on SSCA's forum but I'm thinking I need to try a letter to members. Not much traffic from that forum.

eryka 04-12-2010 07:55 AM

Livia - are you looking for people who are currently out, or people who have been out for 2 years, even if they're back now? If the latter, I can pass your info to several of my friends.

Livia 04-12-2010 10:32 AM

Eryka - Anyone who has been out of their home country for more than 2 years, whether they are back now or still out. If you would pass along the site to your friends and then send me their email if they are interested, that would be excellent.

PS - today's interview is up!