Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2006

Tramontane is on a distinguished road
its up to you

I have circumnavigated the Pacific 3 times between jobs and getting paid during and am counting the days until I can return.

The question is do you want to live to have things or do you want to live?

I recommend CA, Mexico to break in and head east.

aloha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 01-21-2010

cruisingmom is on a distinguished road
GO! I think you will find it all worthwhile. We returned from a year cruising,with 3 kids, have been home a years and a half and are working hard to go again. hopefully this year. It was a wonderful wonderful experience.
Old 01-21-2010
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Hey cmom - welcome back. Do you guys have a blog? Where did you go? And how long were you out?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 01-22-2010

Cal28 is on a distinguished road
Another great thread ...

I turned 61 last March ... since I was young have always wanted to sail/cruise but never took the time ... (close several times)

took the plunge last June ... bought a '67 Cal 28 ... she's been neglected but is just what I need as I will learn every inch of her ... (probably the masthead included ... shivers) ... and learn to sail well with her ...

Six months in and on paper I am already far behind schedule ... but not merely throwing money at her ... rather learning about systems (and myself) ...

I'll have my Coast Guard's captain's license by the end of the year ... and hopefully 600 hours of sailing her under my belt ...

The projects keep growing ... and priorities change ... I read somewhere on the forums here that it is like being a city manager ... with responsibility for all the systems ... including education ... how true

The more I learn ... the more I find I don't know ... the wealth of knowledge here (on the forums) is truly staggering ... and I am thankful for that

I have a wonderful partner who provides moral support as well as hands on experience ...

I would hope to crew on a Baha boat in 2012 ... then get the 'cruiser' upon returning ... spending the year getting her ready for 2013 ... thoughts turning to probably a small cat (been reading alot of Sailor Dog's posts) ... and heading out under the Golden Gate the following year ... turning left ... and heading for the Caribbean ...
Old 04-24-2010

SuenosAzules is on a distinguished road
Great Posts..

I think you are all doing great with your ideas. Just keep it safe and affordable. It's a great life to live aboard a sailboat. I have done it for many years now. I only wish I did it sooner. Be safe out there when cruising and lock everything when you leave it!
Old 04-25-2010

Capttman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Capttman
Life isn't what you have it is what you do, you can be one of the masses or be yourself, its what you make it...

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.