Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2010

nika44 is on a distinguished road
Cruisers needed for Long Island/Block/Newport 8/28-9/4

We are planning a cruise week departing from Noank, CT are looking for other couples (kidless on this trip) to meet up with. We don't have a dinghy so we'd be limited to ports with docks or launch service. We are both 55, professionals and business owners with grown kids and have very active lifestyles. We enjoy the beach, long walks, biking, dancing, live music, great food (cooked on our boat or dining out), scrabble games, card games, fishing, clamming, squidding, wakeboarding (off our 18 foot jet boat that we keep in Block Island) and good conversation. If anyone is interested in cruising with us, let us know. We are flexible as to what ports to sail into but prefer not to spend an entire day motor sailing to a destination. 3-5 hour days would be ideal for us.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-25-2010

nika44 is on a distinguished road
Hello, it is in fact only 3.5 to 4 hours typically to go between Noank and Block Island. We do it nearly every weekend. From Block it is 3 hours to get to Newport. From Newport it is about 4 to get to Cutty Hunk, we did it last year in late May. Montauk is only 3 hours from Block and from there there are lots of port choices. I don't want to be motoring around as I have found any time we make an aggressive schedule the wind never cooperates and we end up motoring. I much prefer a short sail to Block and spend a few days doing day sails, real sailing around the island, the same can be true for Newport or Montauk areas. We can sail the way the wind blows.
Old 09-29-2010

GMC is on a distinguished road
Cruise

I hope you got some responses to your post. I'm trying to carve out time in that period from work to bring my boat down from New Bedford and up the CT river to Portland for the winter, so I can be closer (live in Barkhamsted). Probably hop from NB to Newport (or maybe from Cuttyhunk to NP), then to Stonington, then to Saybrook, then up the river. Will be sailing with my wife. As I get closer to figuring out what days we'll be on the water, will let you know. In meantime, any suggestions on my route?