Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2003

jadesky is on a distinguished road
Drugs

Had to respond to this topic because personally because although I am an upstanding responsible citizen of the world, and always try to leave a clean wake, Marijuana is my drug of choice. You don''t feel the effects of it in the morning, it''s mellow, and it is the only thing that gives relief for my occasional headaches.

On the the flip-side and I have thought about it, I don''t smoke it or eat it whilst sailing or on my boat because the risks outway the benefits. I''ll save the opportunity for shore and those who I''ll undoubtedly meet.

I''ve got a friend who cruised for several years who had an experience of being boarded just because he probably fit the profile of being a young single guy. Well they took swabs of different parts of the boat (headliner, cabinets, countertops, etc.) seeking residual evidence. He managed to not have an issue, but what a big bummer that would be if. No thank you.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 06-14-2003

Jeffamc is on a distinguished road
Drugs

i noticed alot of people said "get into politics" but really not many americans beleive that drugs should be legal, most think that they should stay illegal and just keep arresting thousands of people. If i run for president i will not get many votes.
Old 06-14-2003

jbanta is on a distinguished road
Drugs

You have to try before you can make such a generlization. I personally wouldn''t use what we call now illeagal drugs under any conditions but I see nothing that would distress me if you wanted to. Hell you can now if you don''t want to keep your boat go ahead...
Old 06-18-2003

smallchange is on a distinguished road
Drugs

Rum, beer, pot, drugs... we all know they impare one''s ability in one way or another. Most people I know drink, its a drug, it alters the mind! If you operate a boat while drinking or toking, you are in the wrong!
At anchor, its your business how you prefere to enjoy your sundown. I like mine with rum and a fat one.
oh yah, I wouldn''t risk my boat for it while traveling...Just ain''t worth it!!!!
Old 06-18-2003

928frenzy is on a distinguished road
Drugs

Jeffamc:
Your original questions had to do with how the drug laws of other countries, and what the ramifications would be if drugs were found on your boat. I think you''ve received many good responses to your original questions from several of us.

Apparently that wasn''t enough for you, as you then tried to change the focus to one in which you argue for the legalization of certain narcotics. As pointed out, that''s a decission that only law-makers can make, and hopefully their decission is (or will be) made based on good science - not emotional rationalizations. Emotional arguments and subjective opinions may be interesting to discuss, but they usually wind up as a waste of time. I suggest - you stop wasting our time.

As an adult you can do whatever you like on your boat, but as an adult - be prepared to suffer the consequences of your actions.

~ Happy sails to you ~ _/) ~
Old 06-29-2003

FTHOMSON is on a distinguished road
Drugs

One quick little infusion...

They searched me in Israel (with dogs). They searched me in Cyprus (with dogs). They searched me in Turkey (with the damn dogs). Bottom line: I still have my boat and have not seen the inside of a jail.

In Turkey they WILL seize your boat and you WILL go to jail.

Pass the ale; keep your joint. Preferrably on YOUR boat.

Stay Safe.
Fred & Hadas Thomson
s/y Polonaise 1
Old 07-08-2003

ChesapeakeBay6 is on a distinguished road
Drugs

Well this was as alwasy a somewhat heated and polorized discusion. and many point are made. And I agree if you take the chance you''ll pay the price plain and simple. The only point I would like to make is to 928frenzy who quoted" I suggest you stop wasting our time" Friend you have a pair let me tell you. You have made this thread a personal soap box to air YOUR oppions no one made you continually reply to this forum that was your choice! And I hope I never do cross your bow becauce your nose is held so frigging high you couldn''t see where your headed.
Old 07-08-2003

sadie14 is on a distinguished road
Drugs

Other than the original posted question, which seems stupid at best, I fail to see what the topic of illegal drugs has to do with the message board "Cruising". I could understand postings on this board related to legal, prescription medications.
Old 08-22-2003

Drugs

You could keep the marijuana in your ass, i dont think the coast gaurd will check in there.
Old 08-22-2003

Drugs

Well if you have, like an ounce of pot up yer ass, you will be walking real funny and the coast guard might notice. it would be eaiser just to keep it in your boot or something, or a coffee can or put the bag of pot in a bag of chips.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.