SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Kemah

7K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  bellefonte 
#1 ·
I am planning to relocate to the Kemah area soon to live aboard and I'm wondering if there is a sailnet thread or group for that area?

#3 ·
Kemah here. The marina where I am requires the boat to be at least 41'! :mad:

I hear good things about Waterford Harbor Marina. The rates are on the high side though. Waterford Harbor Marina Rates

Also, check with Legend Point. Legend Point Marina & Condominium Community

Then, there's the Kemah Boardwalk Marina Untitled Document Nice, clean marina, with access to the boardwalk resturants. A bit noisy for my liking, but depends on the person.

Many more to choose from.

#5 ·
When we bought out boat, it was in Waterford. That was one really nice marina. Good facilities and friendly people. No, it wasn't cheap. We moved our boat to Port Aransas. We like Port Aransas much better. The sailing is nicer, we are close to the Gulf and the bay. The best part is the water is not the color of bad coffee like Galveston Bay! ;)

#9 ·
I live aboard in Waterford Harbor. It is one of the more expensive Kemah marinas. I pay $330/mo for a 35' slip plus $70 liveaboard fee.

I picked it because:

1. I am allowed to live aboard on a 25' boat
2. It had the nicest bathrooms out of all marinas meeting qualification #1

Portofino Harbour and Blue Dolphin also allow 25' liveaboards. Portofino was a strong candidate for me. Similar price range. Blue Dolphin is much cheaper but also much dingier IMO.

#12 ·
I live aboard in Waterford Harbor. I
2. It had the nicest bathrooms out of all marinas meeting qualification #1
I like my marina in Port Aransas, but I sure miss those nice restrooms at Waterford!

#15 ·
Since our financial plans to become FT cruisers within the next 3 years involve living aboard, we will likely choose a marina that allows it.

Capn Bill, I'll PM you my cell and let you know when we will be out and about. Would love to see your boat and make your aquaintence.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.