SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Panama Canal

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Magic_Moments 
#1 ·
I''m interested and hearing any comments from cruisers that have traveled the Panama Canal. How difficult is it to get through? Also, what was it like sailing on the Western side of Mexico? Is this a safe area to cruise? Are there sufficient facilities at the marinas along the NW Mexican coast?

#2 ·
I just recently read Liza Copelands book called "Comfortable Cruising", where her and her husband did the trip from Vancouver down the coast and through the canal. She also writes columns on Sailnet.
I keep up with another website of a couple cruising in Mexico. It is www.svpelican.org
A lot of people seem to enjoy the west coast of Mexico and I would like to go in a few more years, but for now I am up the coast in The San Juans and Gulf Islands.

Ken

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.