Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2011
Morgan 33 O.I. Perryville

travlineasy will become famous soon enough
Sailhog,

Thoughts of "tawdry, one-night-stands" is NOT the dream of every married man. I would venture a guess that much of this would depend upon the person to whom you are married to. In nearly a half-century of marriage the thought has crossed my mind on more than one occasion, but then reality sets in and many of us run as fast as we can in the opposite direction. Those that do not are usually guys that had way to much to drink, couldn't perform beneath the sheets if they wanted to, and wake up with someone that doesn't resemble the person they went to bed with.

Cheers,

Gary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 05-26-2011

sailhog has a spectacular aura about sailhog has a spectacular aura about
Gary,
I'll concede that you're probably right on this one. I love my wife, but she's a five-hundred-pounder and only 4'6". She also has anger management issues, which has put an incredible strain on our marriage. If she could just put the cheesecake down for a minute and stop yelling at me, I feel we could work things out. But that doesn't seem to be in the cards. Best of luck to you!
Old 05-26-2011

AirborneSF is on a distinguished road
S-H, that is just SEX, doesn't do much for the inner self! Knock downs come in life as it sailing, 'right' the boat(Life), and keep on sailing. My.02
Old 05-26-2011
Old Fart

DwayneSpeer is on a distinguished road
Basic rule

You also need to keep in mind the overriding rule for those that live aboard or in a motor home. Once you have settled in, anything you bring aboard that you aren't going to consume HAS to be offset by getting rid of something or you will soon be so cramped you can't move.

Good Luck and keep us up to date with your adventure.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey, can one of you guys pass me a crab?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-26-2011

sawingknots is on a distinguished road
bobcat! nah i doubt you're crazy,at least no more then most of the rest of us but denise is quite right maybe what you don't need right now is to live a somewhat lonely existance on a cramped old boat,the sailing knowlege won't be a problem and you can learn as you go,i singlehand most of the time and i can tell you sometimes living aboard alone can be sometimes not so good but quite doable,best of luck
Old 05-26-2011
formerly posting as eryka

wingNwing is on a distinguished road
Current liveaboard, and I'm going to TOTALLY disagree with the cramped/lonely image. The marina and cruising communies are the most supportive and welcoming one I've ever been a member of since my college dorm. You'll have at least one thing (the love of boats) in common with everyone you meet, and if you want to start a conversation just ask for advice on [anything boat maintenance related]. Hey, this could serve a double purpose, increase your learning as well as meeting new potential friends. And, healing your injured soul may well be accomplished just sitting in your cockpit, watching the sun set. Good luck to you.

Cinderella, CSY 33, Photo by Joe McCary

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sidney J. Harris

Shameless self-promotion - my blog for the Annapolis Capital newspaper:
still has some glitches to be worked out. Until then, I'm posting at:
and
! And a new project:
Old 05-26-2011

herezjohnny is on a distinguished road
Bobcat, you and I are in the same boat...figuratively of course. I found myself exiting big mistake #3 a couple months ago. I bought a 36 Morgan that needs lots of work. I moved on board while she was on the hard. The third night there I was sitting in the cockpit enjoying the stars and a few Heinekins and talking to myself. I hear a voice from about 30 feet away " are you bored?" I almost fell out! Come to find out there is a guy in the same situation as us living in the boat next to me. We`ve become friends and I`m never bored or lonely. I cant wait to get "home" every night to work on something drink a few beers or just sit under the stars. And as far as inviting women aboard, It`s all in the wording...Wanna come see my YACHT? LOL
Old 05-26-2011
Morgan 33 O.I. Perryville

travlineasy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by herezjohnny View Post
Wanna come see my YACHT? LOL
Hmmmm! There's a line I never used, but I'm sure it'll work.

Cheers,

Gary
Old 05-26-2011

sawingknots is on a distinguished road
i always play down the yacht wording,its very bad on my ego when they take one look and get that faraway look in their eyes,very far away
Old 05-26-2011
formerly posting as eryka

wingNwing is on a distinguished road
Just substitute "It's cozy" for "its dark and cramped;" and present yourself as "independent" instead of "weird" and you've got your intro to her down pat.

Cinderella, CSY 33, Photo by Joe McCary

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sidney J. Harris

Shameless self-promotion - my blog for the Annapolis Capital newspaper:
still has some glitches to be worked out. Until then, I'm posting at:
and
! And a new project:

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.