Would appreciate a good advice and info with relation to live on board (sail).
There is always a questions for which I am not sure what to do.
I am selling my house and already looking for a nice boat. But. What do you do with:
1. Your driving license expired while you are cursing in some other parts of the world ? (this is Australian ID).
2. Your car rego expired and you cannot provide confirm address (mind you, you are still in marina)
3. What are you doing with your address (for all other legal obligations),most legal documents require your address.
5. What do you do for tax purpose, voting (compulsory in Australia)
6. Would the government pencil pushers cut you off from any benefits because you do not have a fix place of living ?
7. What would happen if I purchase my boat oversees and take my time while I sail back to OZ (say 2 or 3 years). The government would make a problem with all social benefits ? ( like - who ta he'll are you ? where you been and prove who you are, and so on...)
Some people are ex pat. Hou do you deal with all this.
It is nice to be part of the free and independent world (living and sailing on a boat), but there is always a some kind of hicckup.
Appreciate your advice and opinion ( specially any one from OZ or ex pat living somewhere on a nice sailing boat and enjoying live to a full).
Regards - John