Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2011

mathewsaunders is on a distinguished road
So after further research and a LOT of really helpful posts, we decided that we're going to live on land for the summer in the Okanagan join the yacht club, take a bunch of lessons, then set out for Victoria or Vancouver and purchase a boat to live on for the winter. I guess we'll just see how that goes after. Thanks so much everyone for all your helpful posts! I'm going to be updating here, and on my profile so if any
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-22-2011

mathewsaunders is on a distinguished road
one wants to be friends to see what ends up happening just add me. Thanks so much again guys!
Old 11-22-2011

bdietrich is on a distinguished road
Read my web site, starting at
Retire Onto A Sailboat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

sailing vessel "Magnolia": 1973 Gulfstar 44 ketch motor-sailer
Old 11-22-2011
Doesn't sail enough

zedboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathewsaunders View Post
So after further research and a LOT of really helpful posts, we decided that we're going to live on land for the summer in the Okanagan join the yacht club, take a bunch of lessons, then set out for Victoria or Vancouver and purchase a boat to live on for the winter. I guess we'll just see how that goes after.
Good call. Sail enough on OPBs that both of you get good and seasick once or twice (or prove to yourself that you don't get seasick even when everyone around you does) and do a little introspection. In my experience, everyone loves sailing in smooth water and beautiful weather. It's when it's nasty and lumpy that separates the sailors from the rest, or the men from the boys, or the sane from the ...
Old 11-26-2011
Swab

vega1860 is on a distinguished road
You are getting lots of good advice here Matthew. We should be back up in your neck of the woods next year and you are welcome to check out our Vega 27 in person (We are in Hawaii at the moment). The Vega is OK for two people and a cat but I think a dog would require more space.

Our videos and web site may also be helpful.

Old 11-26-2011

karl74 is on a distinguished road
Hi, I'm in the prosses of purchasing my first sail boat. If the survey goes well then I shall be the proud new owner of an Elizabethan 30. For me it was purely down to cost and style. Interior space or luxury really isn't an issue for me as I've spent the last twenty or so years at sea with the Royal Navy where living space or comforts isn't a fact of life. I just love the classic lines and would of liked a Contessa 32 but they are not within my budget and in looks the Elizabethan is a close compromise for me with pretty much the same satistics. I've no long term plans of blue water cruising as her indoors is against me buying her so perhaps the odd long weekend here and there to start with.
Good luck on your search.