Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2003

Robinl is on a distinguished road
Bahamas this winter anyone?

Leaving Tampa mid to late December, hitting Ft Myers, the Keys, possibly the Miami area (route is optional) then crossing to the Bahamas and heading South. Anyone making a similar trip around the same time. I''d love to have a buddy boat at least for a while.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-29-2003

mcain is on a distinguished road

Currently we are planning the same route. We are trying for a mid-November departure from Tampa, but could easily be delayed into December. Send email for additional info.
Old 10-26-2003

MLC, I tried sending you a message on the sailnet site but havent heard back from you. Can you check your messages or post an email address that I can reach you at on the message board if you are still interested in the trip?
Thanks!
Old 10-28-2003

WHOOSH is on a distinguished road

Robin, I think you''ll find MLC at mcain@marliness.net. He & his wife a good people, they''ve put a lot of thoughtful time into their prep and longer-term plans, and I think you''d very much enjoy their company. Hope you all manage to connect in some fashion.

BTW are you planning on attending the SSCA Gam? It''s a unique, enjoyable and, for aspiring cruisers, quite motivating experience...but all of that aside, it''s one way to connect up with others bound S & E. You''ll find a number of them anchored right off the beach, adjacent to the Melbourne Community Center and a very large dink dock. Altho'' it sounds like you''ll be on the other coast in early/mid Nov, the event is well worth a car rental and motel overnight, IMO.

Good cruising; be safe.

Jack
Old 10-28-2003

mcain is on a distinguished road

Robinl, this is mlc101. Sorry if your emails have not gone through. I have more email addresses than Carter has liver pills, it seems (soon to be reduced!!).
Please try again. I try to use "mlc101@tampabay.rr.com" as the primary email address for this board. If that doesn''t work, Jack''s note is also correct.
I did check email even this morning and don''t see a note from you, so please resend.

Our departure time is a bit fluid--depends on when we are ready. We had been hoping for an 11/15 departure for some time, but it won''t happen. Obviously there is always a "list", but we do want to get some more things done on the boat before departing. We just completed a week shakedown cruise to Key West, and have another 53 (small) items!!
Best guess right now is a mid-December departure. Route currently is Tampa to Marathon (Boot Key harbor), to Cat Cay, Warderick Wells, Georgetown, Rum Cay, T&C, Luperon, then points on south to Trinidad.
All subject to change of course, but the general itinerary is pretty standard for the Caribbean Circle. We''re on a 43'' center cockpit monohull.
Again, please re-send your note. We''d love to have a buddy boat on the trip.

(PS: Jack, thanks for the posting and the help!).

Mark.
Old 11-02-2003

Jack,
Thanks for helping me get in touch with Mark. I hadn''t heard of the SSCA before but I will have to look into it. I am kind of tight on time right now so I dont know for sure if I will be able to make it but I will try. Mark, I just sent an email to the address you listed, hope you got this one!
Old 09-14-2008

Fredericbas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinl View Post
Leaving Tampa mid to late December, hitting Ft Myers, the Keys, possibly the Miami area (route is optional) then crossing to the Bahamas and heading South. Anyone making a similar trip around the same time. I''d love to have a buddy boat at least for a while.
Hi,

I am doing exactly the same trip, Gulfport-the Keys, Miami and then crossing to the Bahamas and heading South.
Impossible to indicate when we are exactly leaving but I will estimate between November and December.
Old 09-14-2008
Warm Weather Sailor

Vasco is on a distinguished road
We'll be crossing from Miami late December. Our usual route is Miami to North Rock to Nassau. Clear in at Nassau and then on to the Exumas. Boat's name is Breathless, a Ben 393. There's usually quite a few boats in Miami waiting for a window in late December.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-14-2008
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Frederic...welcome...but note the dates on posts you reply to!
Old 09-15-2008

sander06 is on a distinguished road
Usually there are a number of boats anchored up at most of the jumping off points for the Bahamas waiting for a weather window. I'm sure that you can hook-up with someone there if you're looking for a little companionship-security on the way across the Gulf Stream.

Join the The Seven Seas Cruising Association - Home and fly their burgee to find like-minded sailors.