Bristol 45.5 - AiniA
Join Date: May 2006
Thanked 86 Times in 75 Posts
Rep Power: 9
Been to any of these exotic spots
Just looking for information to plan the next step of our cruise starting in April and have a bunch of questions that people might be able to help with:
We will be leaving from Brisbane in April some time and want to be in Durban, South Africa in Novemberish. We plan to go to Darwin and do the rally that goes to Bali before going the standard route to Christmas I, Cocos-Keeling, maybe Chagos, Rodriquez, Mauritius, Reunion and maybe Richards Bay. Obviously if we spend more time in one place we have less for another, so trying to get a sense of which places are best for longer stops.
- How long (and how far) should we spend in Indonesia?
- North or south side of Java?
- We have been told that Chagos is wonderful; is it worth going out of our way a bit?
- Which of the stops through the Indian Ocean are worth a longer stop and which are best for a few days for provisioning and rest?
- Is Richards Bay worth a stop or should we head directly to Durban?
That will do for now, might have further questions later. I also will be posting to SSCA.
Back in the water in Grenada - with new main and #2 and cockpit canvas (Santa came early). Will spend the winter and early spring in the Caribbean and then head to Bermuda and the northeast US. Still trying to decide if we will bring the boat to Canada, either in 2015 or 2016.