Delaware River to Barnegat Bay - Page 2 - SailNet Community
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 12 Old 03-21-2009
I'm not familiar with the inside stretch from Beach Haven to Barnegat but I understand that it is shallow. The shoals off Barnegat go out a long way so, if you choose to go in there, leave plenty of sea room on the approach. When I have had to go in there I would try to follow one of the charter boats. They know the way.

Dick Pluta
Nassau, Bahamas
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
post #12 of 12 Old 03-21-2009
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Wow..that sucks. We have taken a trip involving that route for the last 5 years.Last year we went to NYC. This year we are heading to Mystic. The trip to Cape May has never taken us over 2 days despite the tides. We are right across the bay from you in Rock Creek. 1 day to Reeedy Island just through the Canal on the Deleware River. Thats 52 miles and a long motor day. From there its 44 miles to cape May. You will have the tide against you some of the way or even all of the way , but you can still make it in one day.

From there we stay at Utsches Marina. seventh day is free there. Quick 30 mile hop to Atlantic City and then a 30 mile hop to Barnegat. We have made the trip from cape May to Barnegat in one day when we feel like pushing and leave very early in the AM.

I am curious why this took more than 2 weekends?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S/V Haleakala (Hawaiian for" House of the Sun")
C&C 35 MKIII Hull # 76
Parkville, Maryland
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.