Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By joethecobbler
  • 1 Post By MarioG

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2012
cruising all I can

joethecobbler is on a distinguished road
Visited St. Augustine on Easter

We drove to St. Augustine yesterday (Easter Sunday) .
It was a beautiful day to see the place.
I went to check out the waterfront talk w/ people and take a few pictures of the mooring fields and the boats at anchor.
I was suprised to see as many boats on the new moorings as there were. they seemed about 1/3 occupied both north and south of the bridge of lyons as well as salt run, with salt run a bit more vacant near the SAYC .
I saw boats anchored in sebastion creek as well as across from the fort just north of the Bridge of Lyons as well as behind the dolfins towards Vilano bride and north of Vilano bridge.
South of town and the 312 bridge is apparently where all the anchored boats went that were near the Bridge of lyons previously that chose not to pay for mooring.
There were about 20-25 boats anchored south of the rt. 312 bridge and out of the jurisdiction of the city of St. Augustine. There is a public boat ramp on the west side of the ICW that many were using from the anchorage.
apparently anchoring in or near St. Augustine as your passing through or for a week or tow is still available, just a bit out of the main down town area.
I wondered how the folks that lived across from the ramp felt about thier new anchored neighbors but decided not to bother them on easter, though I did notice a couple reclining on their deck across from the ramp and they seemed to be enjoying the view, it was a nice day.

I took a few pictures and may post a few in the next few days if anyone shows an interest... . I'll be traveling for the next couple days and will check back.
FLKokopelli likes this.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-09-2012

MarioG is on a distinguished road
Re: Visited St. Augustine on Easter

We were there just a few days before Easter. The 1st night we anchored across the ICW north of the bridge, there seems to be 1 boat there thats permanent and another that dropped hook just before us. We went to Sailers Exchange where I bought a sail and mast set-up for my dingy at a great price. If you haven't checked out Sailors Exchange you need to take a trip back to St. Augustine, also the building across from the city marina (some might reconize from the Vincent Price movie Wax Museum) has a deli that makes great subs.
FLKokopelli likes this.
Old 04-10-2012

miatapaul is on a distinguished road
Re: Visited St. Augustine on Easter

Photos are always good! Nice to hear that there are some new moorings, seems all the news is of them being taken out, or new limitations being put on them.