Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2012

liveincolor is on a distinguished road
Re: Montauk: What's the point ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinie View Post
Wow!
Big trip, little boat!
I grew up power boating on the south ndI used to make the loop around atlantic beach to jones beach in a 27' sea ray thru Rockaway and and back into Jones inlet. And I know I certainly would be scared as hell to make that trip in a 20 footer.
I suppose thats why even though I live on the water on the south shore, I keep my sailboat boat in pt. wash. on the sound.
Just a matter of getting accustomed, but the sound is some beautiful sailing. My biggest problem with the south shore is that unless your in the ocean, its always so shallow, and I hate having to meander around trying to stay in the channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bene505 View Post
Liveincolor is good people.
I figured that was you when I saw the boat link that Caleb posted. (Caleb is regular crew for our east-west migrations.)

What a great trip you had!

Lot's of news here, the boat was in a big-time movie shoot, we've been surfing through the winter, I've been re-doing the 12v compressors (cold beer at last!), we got a bigger solar panel.

You probably heard about Dave building a huge, Coast Guard certified cat. Look him up and he'll show you his progress.

Glad to hear that Darius is still doing his thing. Our ETA is mid/late June. Your post has me eagerly awaiting that day. Can't wait!

Regards,
Brad

P.S. Did you get a solar panel yet? (Can't remember if you were getting your initial one or a bigger one.)
Brad, great news about the movie ! That's awesome. I had a small 10W panel last summer that I'll be using again until I can upgrade. I don't know anything about Dave and his boat. What's that all about ? Looking forward to your arrival.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-16-2012
Glad I found Sailnet

Bene505 will become famous soon enough Bene505 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveincolor View Post
Brad, great news about the movie ! That's awesome. I had a small 10W panel last summer that I'll be using again until I can upgrade. I don't know anything about Dave and his boat. What's that all about ? Looking forward to your arrival.
Check out Dave's website: Sailing Montauk presents Mon Tiki: Day Trips and Sunset Cruises on Montauk's Charter Catamaran

His Catalina 38 got hit by lightning last summer. The whole inside was charred. Boat was totaled.

His new cat will be able to take 30 passengers. He's focusing on day sails, events, and sunset cruises.

Regards,
Brad
Old 05-16-2012
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough

Mon-Tiki!
Very clever name.

Everybody has one:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-18-2012

liveincolor is on a distinguished road

Struck by lighting ! That's definitely one of those "back-of-my-mind" fears. I've considered a homemade system for grounding my boat, but I've also read opinions that doing so can make you more prone to strikes. It's a nerve racking topic for me, I must say. Can't wait to see that boat, sounds great. I wish he had some pictures up on the website, unless I overlooked them I didn't see any.

20' Hurley
a strong, stout little sailboat.