Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2012

misfits is on a distinguished road
Re: When is it time ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingNwing View Post
I hung up the phone on my last teleconference and we untied the docklines about 30 minutes later.
Everyone has put some really good wisdom up here on this thread. For whatever the reason, to me, the above statement I truely get & it is an absolute beautiful thing.

P.S. don't log in after cocktails LOL
wingNwing likes this.
Old 06-14-2012
Swab

vega1860 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomperanteau View Post
The economy has really helped us in our decision.

In mod 2007 the business the wife and I own took a nose-dive. It was apparent that our retirement funds were going to take a hit, too. We decided then that we could work until we were in our 80's or start investing in our "retirement home" now. We did and are close to a point where the economy and other political situations will finally motivate us to cast off for the last time.

The boat is ready, so south Pacific here we come!
The south pacific is over rated. Boat builder John Hutton told me "Tahiti is ruined! Don't bother." That was in 1983. Still there is a lot of traffic headed that way. Things have changed recently vis. anchoring and mooring permissions according to folks that have arrived in Honolulu in recent months.

If nothing else, the weather is good more often than not.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-15-2012
Crotchety Old Member

tomperanteau is on a distinguished road

We have a friend that has bounced between Pago Pago and French Samoa. He has sent us pictures and we've spent hours chatting about how he gets along and the people there. It seems nice in that area. We will probably head down there first and then decide what to do next.

S/V Footprints

Youtube

1969 Crealock/Columbia 36 Sloop completely refitted in 2000 and new Yanmar in 2006.
Old 06-16-2012
Senior Moment Member

AncientTech is on a distinguished road

When is it time? When you hear the call. The folly so many experience is the waiting. Waiting because we resist change, or the fear or an unhealthy love affair we have with the shadow of a life we have grown accustomed. A long time cruiser I know has said people he comes into contact with say "You are living a life I will die dreaming of", those are profound words. I myself use to sail long long ago and always dreamed of cruising. Then I put aside my passion for what was the norm, 25+ years of systems administration and programming later I have only one regret in life, that I let go of my passion. Now here I am scraping together dollar bills, selling what little I have so that I may at least revisit it and do a little coastal cruising. Go small, go simple but go prepared. That is my plan and the timeline is short. The two years you spend settling things to go cruising are two years you will never get back. Bartered for a few moments more in a life mediocre. Waste no more of your life, provision and square your boat, grab your charts, plot a course, consult your wind maps and go!

A.T.
MattSplatt likes this.
Old 06-16-2012
Swab

vega1860 is on a distinguished road

Well, for Lealea and crew it is TODAY; as soon as the laundry is done and breakfast finished.

Departing for Sitka in a couple of hours so we will be off-line for about a month
wingNwing and utchuckd like this.

Old 06-16-2012

St Anna is on a distinguished road

SAfe trip Vega.

Old 06-16-2012
Senior Moment Member

AncientTech is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vega1860 View Post
Well, for Lealea and crew it is TODAY; as soon as the laundry is done and breakfast finished.

Departing for Sitka in a couple of hours so we will be off-line for about a month
Safe journey Vega
Old 06-19-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vega1860 View Post

All our best...

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 06-19-2012
Oathkeepers member

jerryrlitton will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to jerryrlitton Send a message via MSN to jerryrlitton Send a message via Yahoo to jerryrlitton Send a message via Skype™ to jerryrlitton

Quote:
Originally Posted by dongreerps View Post
One trip I was flying at 20,000' in the clouds when the vacuum pump went out. Later that trip the glide slope transmitter went out while I was on approach in intsrument conditions. On the return that trip the gyro compass went awry. We sold the plane.
Great post but since the transmitter is on the ground, why was it a reason you sold the plane?
If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.

Bruce Lee

LET'S GET SERIOUS ABOUT ENFORCING OUR PRESENT LAWS NOW

Old 06-20-2012

MattSplatt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientTech View Post
When is it time? When you hear the call. The folly so many experience is the waiting. Waiting because we resist change, or the fear or an unhealthy love affair we have with the shadow of a life we have grown accustomed. A long time cruiser I know has said people he comes into contact with say "You are living a life I will die dreaming of", those are profound words. I myself use to sail long long ago and always dreamed of cruising. Then I put aside my passion for what was the norm, 25+ years of systems administration and programming later I have only one regret in life, that I let go of my passion. Now here I am scraping together dollar bills, selling what little I have so that I may at least revisit it and do a little coastal cruising. Go small, go simple but go prepared. That is my plan and the timeline is short. The two years you spend settling things to go cruising are two years you will never get back. Bartered for a few moments more in a life mediocre. Waste no more of your life, provision and square your boat, grab your charts, plot a course, consult your wind maps and go!A.T.
There aught to be a button for something stronger than 'like'. :-D